9

"It won't be that bad," Alfred said, getting into the driver's seat of one of the three semi-trucks around.

"Will they even let us into the store?" Ivan asked, getting into the passenger's seat.

"We called ahead," Alfred replied, "and besides, we aren't getting most of the stuff we need from Costco."

"Where are we going?"

"One of the openings between Hell and Earth. Lots of packages."

"For what?"

"... a party."

"What type of party?"

"I believe humans call it marriage."

Cue Ivan choking on his own spit, staring at Alfred with wide eyes.

"Al..."

"This is why I didn't want to tell you until it happened..." Alfred sighed, "you can get out of the truck and leave if you want. Bring the nations with you when you do."

"No... no that's..." Ivan tried, his words coming out all jumbled. He pursed his lips for a second before giving up and kissing Alfred. He was able to see his eyes widen before they closed and he pushed back.

"Tell me next time." Ivan ordered, feeling Alfred lean into his chest as he tangled his fingers into his hair.

"I will."

"No. You will tell me, because I will find out," Ivan said, cupping his cheeks. Alfred noticed a specific look in his eyes and got a look on his face.

"You know what happened... that day in the shed."

"What?"

"You know what he tried to do to me," Alfred said, his eyes widening. Ivan looked at him for a few seconds, wrapping his hand around his neck and putting pressure on the bite with his fingers as Alfred closed his eyes in pain.

"You were almost raped," Ivan replied, pulling his hand back and gulping, seeing the blood on his fingers, "it wasn't your fault."

"But I betrayed you. It leveled as a betrayal." Alfred said, turning around. Ivan noticed that only one of the teeth marks were deeper, all the others were filling in. The same one that was deeper made his heart twist.

Ivan leaned into his neck, kissing the wound and pulling away, "Let's go."

Alfred looked shocked for a few seconds as he touched the wound.

"You actually whole-heartedly forgave me? Are you nuts?"

"I'm marrying a demon in a week, crazy became my middle name. Now, since I'm interested in seeing this gateway to Hell, let's drive."

"It's going to be a few hours..."

"Then let's go," Ivan replied, "I know you're very interested in kicking me out of your house because you hate yourself but you gotta remember I'm human and you can't use black salt."

"Ya, and it's annoying." Alfred grumbled, turning the truck on and heading out, Ivan grinning as he looked out the window.

"Why is nobody out today?"

"It's going to rain."

"The sky is clear though?"

"This is Ohio, the seasons are optional and the weather does what it wants," Alfred grumbled, "not to mention an early warning from a storm demon."

"Ah. Can you explain to me what element 'storm' is, because Luna's witch book-"

"Book of Shadows-"