30

The only thing Rulyn carried as she walked down the hallways was a tray with a two gallon Arizona sweet tea, a bag of Honey Nuts granola, a jar of peanut butter with a spoon, a can of Fritos bean dip, and dollar store brand corn chips.

She walked down to a storage closet, kicking a pipe off the wall. It turned, and the wall opened up.

She went down the stairs, the 'door' closing behind her. The stairs circled three times, going deep into the earth and walked into a pure black room.

A pure white being sat in the middle of the room on a mat, its black hair going into the walls and ceiling.

She placed the tray down in front of the being.

"What's next?" Rulyn asked, getting on her knees, her eyes downcast.

"The next book, you mean?" the being said, its mouth never opening. It was written in pictures, in letters, in words broadcasting through her head. They gave her a headache. She wouldn't stay long. She never could.

She never knew what it meant by 'book' either.

"It will be called 'Forever and Always', and be two years into the future, starting at the beginning of August 2019, to July or August of 2020. It will be an mpreg, because I've pre-prepared all the biology for it to happen, and it will."

"So, Alfred will be having a kid?" Rulyn asked, glancing up just barely, looking at its knees.

"Did you not hear a word I just said?"

"Sorry."

It smiled, but not a normal smile, the one that made your stomach turn, "I promise, nobody will be crying by the end. I hope. We just have to make sure Kanye West doesn't become president, then we'll be peachy. America might be okay for the first time."

Rulyn didn't say a word. She didn't know who it was talking to.

"Rulyn, my sweet. I am done. Why are you still here?"

She stood up and left, never looking back.