Chapter IV: Questioning The Hokage

~Sasuke POV~
That girl, Azami. She's so strange. And why would such an important family never be heard of before? Besides, she seemed interested in me, but not in the same way most girls are! She seemed to dislike me immediately, maybe even hate me? But why, I've never seen her before so why should she hate me when most people love me? It's just irritating. I'm asking the Hokage to tell me who she really is!

I finally arrived in front of his office, but before I could even knock he said, "Come in."

I opened the door and walked right up to his desk.

Slamming my hands on it I demanded, "Who the hell is Azami? And what jutsu did the Yondaime teach her family?"

He just looked at me calmly, then sighed, "Azami. She is a strange girl from a family who allied with the Senju. You probably noticed she disliked you immediately, that's because her family has had a hatred for Uchiha for decades. That's the main reason Tobirama Senju trusted them so much. Her great grandfather was taught one of Tobirama's own jutsu, a very powerful one. The Hiraishin."

I was shocked. Why would they hate Uchiha so much? She actually knew Hiraishin? But how come she wouldn't tell us its name, was she trying to mess with us? (Yes) How could she even tell I was an Uchiha before I even told her, had she seen me around the village before? But why did she just appear now, instead of before?

"Why would her family hate the Uchiha so much? And how did she recognize me as one before I told her? Also, why did she just now show up, instead of any other time?" I bombarded Lord Hokage with questions, this is the most I've said at once in a long time, or ever.

"I don't know the exact details, but I believe that an Uchiha killed her great great grandparents, leading her great grandfather to have a grudge that was passed down the family. And as for how she knew about you being an Uchiha, well she's one of the best sensors I know of. Her range is amazing, and she can tell emotions, lies, even partial truths. So telling ones clan, that's easy, she simply compares the chakra of others from that clan to yours and she can tell. It works with almost anyone related by blood, since their chakra is almost always similar unless it's a distant relation, like second cousins or something. As for why she just showed up, well she was roaming for a while. Her family had died in a fire while she was visiting me two years ago, so she needed to get away. And I allowed her too, that's all."

Her family, died? In a fire... Did she find them, lying dead on the ground, like I did? If both our families died, then we have something in common. But what did she do while she was 'wondering' as the Hokage said?

"Sasuke. I understand you wish to know more, but I believe it would be better for you to ask her personally. I did not experience the events, nor do I know exactly what she did, does, or will do. Besides I have a meeting soon, I do need to work, and as cold as this may sound I cannot humour your questions all day." Lord Hokage said bluntly.

"Hai, Hokage-sama. I'll get out of your hair." I walked out of the room and just thought for the rest of the day about what I had learned.

~Azami POV~
"Well then. So I wondered around for a while after my family died, good to know. Nice improvisation there, Hiruzen." I complimented.

"Heh, I've been doing this ninja thing much longer than you, Azami. Besides, politics is all improvisation, lying, and stretched truths anyway. I get practice in that sort of thing."

"Is that so? Anyway, I gotta ask, why does Naruto Uzumaki have demonic chakra originating from his stomach?"

Hiruzen seemed surprised at first, for whatever reason, and then just sighed in defeat. Maybe old age is getting to him, he sighs a lot more than he used to.