Chapter VII: The Race

A/N- The pic is not relevant in any way at all, I just needed to share it. They're my favorite couple in Naruto/Boruto.

~Azami POV~
The rest of the week went pretty much the same as before, the only thing that changed was the speed at which Sakura could do each of the tasks I assigned. She was getting faster, but if she ever slipped and got slower or took longer, I forced her to do more. We worked on flexibility as well starting the third day. However, today was Friday. The day the whole team comes together to see eachothers improvements. Kakashi didn't tell me what we would be doing, so I was just as clueless as Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto right now.

I arrived at eight just as always, and then took Sakura to the side. I decided to do our usual warmups before Kakashi gets here, and test to see how much she's improved. It won't be much, not because she isn't working hard, she is, but because it hasn't been long since she started.

"Alright, let's do the run, I'll keep pace with you and time it." I told her.

She nodded and we began our twenty laps around the clearing. It was still much slower than I would go on my own, but it was definitely an improvement. In fact, this time it only took seven minutes and twenty seconds. Which would be a thirty-two second improvement, it may not sound like much, but I can tell she's working hard. I'm willing to bet she'll be down to five minutes at the most by the exams.

Next we did our stretches, although mine were harder since I was more flexible than her because of how long I'd been training like this. Finally she sat on my back as I did pushups, and then I did the same for her. It had been half an hour, and the boys had even joined us. We decided to have a quick race, twice around the clearing. First place gets a favor from each person, second favors from third and forth, and finally, third gets a favor from fourth. Fourth gets nothing.

We went to the start line and I sensed Kakashi on his way, finally, he had just been wandering around the village this whole time. At first he stopped by the KIA stone, which would've been excusable if he was late for that. However, he still would've been here at sevenish, but no, instead he goes to get breakfast or just takes a walk. Whatever. I'm done, I don't understand him at all, he gets up early, yet is still super late to almost everything. It's annoying.

Sasuke smirked at me, and I smirked right back, intent to win. Naruto laughed, and Sakura was nervous. I placed a hand on her shoulder and she flinched a bit, when she turned to look at me I nodded and she relaxed. I motioned to myself and made breathing movements, then motioned to her. She nodded, and took in a deep breath, relaxing herself more.

When we were all ready my shadow clone yelled, "Go!" And we sprinted off.

At first Sasuke and I were tied, with Sakura just behind Naruto. I started to get ahead of Sasuke, only for him to speed up even more. We were once again neck and neck, with Naruto still beating Sakura in the back. We had just finished a lap, and I decided to get serious, running as fast as possible, which turns out to be pretty fast. I smirked just as I was halfway finished with the second lap, Sasuke was also speeding up but he still couldnt catch up, it was entertaining to watch him struggle. Jeez, Madara rubbed off on me more than I thought...

I passed the finish line and a couple seconds later Sasuke did as well. Then Naruto came barreling past, with Sakura right behind him.

"Well then, I guess I'm first place, Sasuke second, Naruto third, and Sakura fourth. I've decided to put each of your favors on my tab for later. What about you guys?" I asked the three.

Sasuke glared and said, "I will put the favors on my tab as well. I don't see any use for them at the moment."

Naruto being Naruto said, "Sakura-chan has to go on a date with me!"