Chapter VI: Informing Kakashi

~Kakashi POV~
The Hokage had called me to his office for whatever reason today, so I was walking up the stairs towards it. I knocked on the door and waited for his reply.

"Come in." He called.

I opened the door and stood in front of his desk.

"Lord Hokage, why'd you call me here?" I asked.

"You've met Azami, what do you think of her?" He asked suddenly.

His question confused me, but I decided to answer anyway, "She is a prodigy. She may be a bit odd, but I almost didn't notice her when she appeared during training, and then she immediately masked her chakra expertly. I only knew she hadn't left because of my Sharingan, if I didn't have it I would've thought it was my imagination. And when she was found out she kept completely calm, she will definitely become a great shinobi."

"Good to know. I have some knees for you, but she can tell you herself." Hokage-sama sent a burst of chakra and then Azami suddenly appeared beside him.

It was exactly like Minato-sensei's Hiraishin! I must look pretty stupid because she started laughing a bit, the Hokage just swatted the top of her head and she shut up.

Then she coughed a bit and said, "Hiruzen and I decided I would be joining your team to train for the Chunin Exams! I'm taking the actual exam on my own, but I want experience dealing with a difficult team for when I do become chunin and eventually lead a team myself!" She exclaimed.

"You seem confident." I noted.

"Of course, I'm an aspiring seal master, medic ninja, taijutsu/ninjutsu specialist, and I've already mastered my own kenjutsu style. I think I have reason enough to be confident." She boasted.

"Her biggest downfall is she gets cocky when the odds are even slightly in her favor. I have faith she's going to do well in the exam, but with who the proctors are? Who really knows..." Lord Hokage informed.

I wonder who the proctors could be for it to be that bad. Probably someone from T&I, they're very good at making everything suck and way harder than necessary.

"It's just the chunin exams, I was trained by them, it can't be much worse than that." She said, waving off the warning.

"True, but don't get too cocky." He warned.

"I get it." She replied.

"Azami will be acting as your assistant, she'll still be training with your team but she can also help with anything you may need."

"Sure, that works for me." I agreed, then I addressed Azami and said, "You can take one of them per week and work with that person on whatever they may need, and then on one of the days we can have team sparring or something like that."

"Hai!"

The Hokage suddenly clapped, gaining our attention, and said, "Alright, I think that concludes that. Azami, you should go a bit later than he tells you to. Just trust me on this."

She looked confused but nodded anyway, and I just deadpanned. 'He knows me too well.' She then turned and asked what time and place to meet the team, so I told her six am at training ground seven. She looked confused so I told her to go to the teams chakra. She agreed and we parted ways.

That morning I woke up right at dawn, around six-thirty. I was late already, just as Hiruzen had told me to be. I jumped down and to a nearby river with no one anywhere near it, I stripped and waded in. I scrubbed my body clean of any dirt and then did the same with my scalp, running my fingers through it to brush it and get rid of anything tangled in it. Once finished I got out of the river and used a self heating jutsu (just go with it) to dry myself off, it also partially dried my hair as well which is a plus. I put on my spare clothes and washed my old ones real quick, Hiraishining back to my treehouse I hung the clothes on a branch to dry, placing the gravity seal on top of them to keep them from flying away. I grabbed a quick breakfast of jerky and dried fruits, as well as some water to drink. Then I put my hair into a high ponytail and left for team seven's chakras, it was around eight when I did so.