Chapter VIII: Search For His Chakra

~Azami POV~
After another fifteen minutes Kakashi told Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto to get up and ready. They had been discussing another plan, but wouldn't let me know, saying, "Hn, just wait to see it.", "You might try to tell him, or help, we don't know.", and "It's a surprise, dattebayo!". I'm sure you can figure out who said what.

I walked up a tree and layed on my back on a branch, taking out my bingo book and reading about S-ranked rogues. One of the names I actually knew, Kakuzu, I was with Oji-san when he attacked him. I still remember his strange chakra, erratic and rough, yet oddly calming. Although he would be in his seventies by now. It seems he went back to his village and stole a forbidden jutsu, as well as killing the elders after he failed. He became a well known bounty hunter and his current whereabouts and status are unknown. I should try to find him, or atleast his chakra.

I jumped from the tree and meditated with both hands on the ground, slowly I released chakra into the earth. I could feel everything, the chakra of every blade of grass, the civilians walking through the city, shinobi training, animals hunting and running through the forest, all of it. But none of it was what I wanted, I pushed away everything but that certain chakra I needed. I pushed more and more chakra through the earth and even the air, I was getting tired and I knew it.

I caught a glimpse! The chakra, its here. It has five new chakra mixed into one body, but the base, the base is the same chakra I was looking for. Now, just to find it, its somewhere in the land of Earth, but where exactly? I can't tell, not enough chakra, or skill, it's just too far. Otou-san could've done this, it would be easy, I'm just not good enough to do the same. I was slipping away, losing the grasp of his chakra. So close, yet so, so far. I would find him, I'm going to find everyone I can from my past, and I'm going to meet them once again if they're still alive. I would start with Kakuzu, he-

"Azami! The alarm went off, we're done. What's up with you? We could feel your chakra spreading through the air and earth, what were you doing?" Kakashi asked, finally getting my attention.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that. I was trying to find someone I met before, it's been a few years since I saw him and I found out something happened, I would like to ask him a few things. However, my sensing abilities are not good enough to tell exactly where he is, as he's too far away."

"Around where is he?" Sasuke asked.

"Northwest Earth Country. Atleast I think so. If I walked the same path my chakra took to get to him I believe I'd end up somewhere around there."

"You can sense that far?!" Sakura screeched in disbelief.

"Mhm. Although I used up most of my chakra and I have to focus only on that single thing or I can't."

"Hn, that's ridiculous. No way can you do that."

"Alright. If that's what you think, I can, but whatever. You Uchiha are always right, after all." I sneered.

"Yeah, you suck Teme!" Naruto said.

Then Sakura hit Naruto and told him not to insult her 'Sasuke-kun', I almost feel bad for the Uchiha. Almost.

Kakashi grabbed my arm and poofed us into a tree, using his chakra to mask both of ours and asked quietly, "Who were you looking for, I saw you reading that bingo book."

"A man named Kakuzu, he's an S-ranked rogue. I met him once while traveling, I remember his chakra and when I saw his name I decided to try to find him."

"You really shouldn't, he's a rouge for a reason you know."

"I know."

"Yet I can tell you still plan on talking to him."