Chapter XIV: Chunin Exam Finals

~Azami POV~
Today was the day.

It was finally the chunin exam finals. However, Naruto, Sasuke, and one of the Oto non were missing. The proctor, Hayate, got replaced as well, now it's some guy that likes chewing on senbon and had his hitae-ate like a bandana. We waited for a few minutes and then Naruto came running in, screaming about bulls chasing him.

Once everything was calmed down the man sighed and explained, "My name's Genma, I'm your new proctor. Hayate is busy right now, so I'm taking over for the finals. Dosu isn't going to be participating for certain reasons, and Sasuke will be disqualified if he does not show up for his match, meaning Gaara will be the default winner. Shikamaru will fight Temari, and Nadaso will fight Azami. The first match is Naruto vs Neji, will everyone else but those two please leave the arena."

We all headed up to the stands to watch the match. I wanted to say Naruto would win because of all our training, but Neji is a genius and was probably training all month as well. So it could go either way, although Neji did have the edge with more experience and the gentle fist style worked best in close range. Hopefully all our taijutsu training improved his speed enough to evade Neji. Of course, using Kyuubi's chakra gave him an edge as well, that is if he decided to use it.

All of us had reached the stands and I hiraishined to Hiruzen, I needed to inform him of a certain 'snakes' appearance where the Kazekage should have been.

The ANBU reached for their weapons when I appeared out of nowhere, but relaxed once Hiruzen signaled them to stand down.

He looked at me expectantly, as did Orochimaru, and asked, "Azami, what did you come up here for?"

"Hokage-sama"

[That was the first clue something was wrong- very wrong. She never called him such, it didn't matter who was present.]

"Kazekage-sama."

[Her eyes narrowed on his form- Hiruzen noted this and wondered what it could mean]

Orochimaru watched me curiously, waiting to see what I would do.

I turned back to Hiruzen, and leaned down to his ear to whisper, "Rouge snakes sit idly by, waiting for the perfect moment to strike, hidden behind sandy robes."

He stiffened for a moment, unnoticed to all but him and I, and then nodded. He understood, good. Now I could only hope he was still strong enough to fight his student, both mentally and physically. His old age would've worn him in both aspects.

"Oh? And what exactly did you need with your Kage little genin-hopeful?" Orochimaru questioned.

"I simply needed to inform of some off looking people roaming the stands. Its probably not important, but I thought he should know. I apologize for not stating it outright to you as well, Kazekage-sama." It was not a lie. There were suspicious people- suspicious ANBU, roaming the stands.

I assume they are working with Orochimaru, I wonder exactly what his plan is?

[She would not figure it out until it was much too late, they were here- HE was here-

Blood from the kunai in her stomach-

Blank face with tears falling as he was sealed away-

Realization that he would not survive when she recognized the seals that were used-

The gutteral scream tearing from someone's throat as the body fell-

Only later she realized it was her own.]

Who knows, the mind's of crazy scientist types never could be understood. Why would that suddenly change now?

"You are dismissed for now, please keep watch of those you deem suspicious. Inform me of any changes, and how many you see as well. Have Anko help you, she is good at picking out that type of thing." Hiruzen ordered.