Chapter XII: Preliminaries

~Azami POV~
I stood in my own line beside Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. We were listening as Hiruzen explained that there were too many people still here, so we would have to hold preliminaries. I could sense the snake like Kusa nin was pretending to be the Oto sensei now, I'll have to inform Hiruzen. Sakura wanted Sasuke to quit, and I could tell the Kusa nin now Oto sensei had put some kind of seal on his neck, his chakra is all over it.

"What happened to him?" I whispered to Sakura.

She explained how the Kusa nin was actually a man named Orochimaru, and that he attacked them. He did something to Naruto that made him pass out, and then bit Sasuke on the neck, causing Sasuke enough pain to faint. How he left right after and she brought the boys to a hiding place. They were attacked by the Oto bin that attacked Kabuto before, Dosu, Zaku, and Kin. All the rookies and Team nine came and saved them, but Sasuke woke up covered in dark chakra and dislocated both of Zaku's arms. They decided to take a break to heal, and then Kabuto showed up and they got trapped in a genjutsu. They fought another team and got the scroll they needed, then split from Kabuto and entered the tower. And here we are.

"Sasuke." I said.

"What?" Sasuke growled.

"Show me the mark, I've been training in seals my whole life, I might be able to help. I could atleast ease the pain with another seal, if you want." I offered.

"Fine, go ahead." He moved his hand from the mark and turned so that I could access the mark.

I held my hand over it and used my other one to make a handsign that helps focus chakra. The hand over the seal glowed with light blue chakra and I saw some of the details of the mark.

"It's a type of juinjutsu, or curse mark. I've never seen this exact one, but I can tell it gives you power. However, if you refuse it, it'll cause you immense pain and could even kill you. On the flip side, if you accept it, the power will take over your mind and make you much more aggressive. You wouldn't be able to properly control yourself, and again, it could kill you. The mark is also unstable, it doesn't feel, completed, I suppose. You should be fine to fight as long as you stick to taijutsu and don't use your Sharingan, basically keep chakra use to a minimum."

He nodded and before he could move I made one handed hand signs and pressed my hand to his neck, over the mark. He stiffened when my chakra entered his body and started drawing a pattern from his chakra network. When I was finished his pain was almost completely gone, now it just felt like an annoying itch, or should at least. I had used the same seal on myself for the cut in my side so it wouldn't bother me, Mito made sure I mastered this particular seal to the best of my ability, as it is quite useful.

Sasuke just grunted and turned back to listen, so I did the same. A man named Hayate came down and introduced himself as our proctor, he said that the people fighting would be decided at random by the board. He asked if anyone wanted to quit and Sakura urged Sasuke to do so, he refused, Kabuto ended up being the only one to actually quit. The first people to fight were Sasuke and someone named Yoroi. Everyone but those two jumped up to the balcony, myself included.

I walked over to Kakashi and said, "Sasuke has a curse mark. Someone named Orochimaru," when I said that name Kakashi froze a bit, "attacked them during the second phase and put it on him. By the way you're reacting, I can assume you know him somehow, yes?"

He nodded and said, "Go to the S-rank criminals section of your bingo book, you'll see."

I gave him a look and then did as he said. The page read:

Orochimaru, The Snake Sannin, One of The Three Legendary Sannin
Affiliations- Rouge Konoha Shinobi
Birthday- October 27
Sex- Male
Age- 51
Height- 5'8
Weight- 140 lbs
Picture-