Chapter IX: Icha Icha Paradise

~Azami POV~
A few days after the whole Gaara thing I was called into Hiruzen's office via hawk. I decided to walk and arrived in there in a few minutes, I walked in without knocking because it was only his chakra so he wasn't busy.

"Azami, come. I need to tell you something." Hiruzen said.

"Alright." I sat on his desk crisscross and took his Hokage hat like I used to Oji-san out of habit, he chuckled a bit, remembering said habit.

With his hat comfortably on my head I waited for him to begin talking.

He handed me a paper with words, that I didn't feel like reading since he was going to explain anyway, on it and said, "This is the chunin exams permission slip, sign it and turn it in at the exams. I'm supposed to say it's not obligatory to participate, but we both know you're going to anyway so that doesn't matter. Tomorrow is the exams, hand it in at 3pm. Good luck Azami. Dismissed."

"Hai, Hiruzen. See ya later!" I jumped out the window and heard him grumbling something about 'damn ninja and their inability to use a door'.

Well excuse me, but I used the door to get in. I also stole your hat.

"Azami! Get back here!"

Apparently he noticed.

"I've decided I'm keeping this, I get it until you actually need it. I miss doing this with Oji-san, so I thought you could do it too, for me?" I called from the ground, being a manipulative little shit.

"You brat... Fine! Go ahead. I need it back by tomorrow." He was leaning on the window sill with a very annoying smirk.

I just growled a bit and mumbled about stupid chunin exams. I walked down the street still wearing the Hokage hat, people were giving me odd looks and then Kakashi started coming towards me.

"Why do you have Lord Hokage's hat?" He asked boredly.

"I used Hiruzen's kind heart and pushover nature to manipulate him into let me have it until tomorrow." I explained calmly.

"Hm. Well, I don't know if i should be amused, or worried that you know exactly how to manipulate our Hokage."

"He helped raise me, of course I've figured out how to manipulate him. Besides, he lets me do this, if it were something serious he wouldn't."

We stayed silent for a while before separating, I went home and packed a survival bag, containing everything I'd need for just myself in the forest of death, I know we were doing the survival exercise in the forest thanks to Anko, I just didn't know when, so I wanted to be prepared. After my bag was packed I covered my self in my blanket and fell asleep, making sure to be completely rested for the next days activities.

-Timeskip no Jutsu-

That morning I slept in till eleven, giving me plenty of sleep and time to work out a bit and study, just in case. I made sure everything was in order and headed to training ground seven. For a couple hours I trained, just light training to fully wake up and get a small sweat going, so I'd be ready for the day but not sore or tired. Then I went to Hiruzen's office and gave him his hat back, afterwards I walked into the library and studied a bunch of different ninja related topics, mostly higher level stuff I hadn't already learned. I also transformed into an adult and grabbed a copy of the first Icha Icha book.

I'm curious to see why Kakashi reads these, and if I like it I can buy them for myself. I understand that it is a porn, and that I am underage, however, I really don't care. I opened the book and read as I walked to the exam sight, it's really well written. Jiraiya is an amazing writer, his spelling, grammar, and punctuation are perfect, the way his sentences flow is beautiful, and the introduction is very entertaining so far. I just got started and I already can't stop, I understand your struggles now Kakashi! This is the best book I've ever read, and I've been reading since I was four!