Chapter 6: Detective Holly Horsely

Warning: The following chapter contains a new detective character that kicks ass and takes names, memes, some references to Markiplier, mentions of death such as murder and suicide, mentions of child abduction, usage of tobacco and smoking, swearing, tea, and the aftermath of Chapter 5. Proceed with caution.

And now onto the chapter.

Following up in the aftermath of the bank robbery committed by the Outlaws, a police squad car drove through the streets of the city to a certain area downtown. "So where are going again?" Officer Davey Cortez asked his partner as he sat in the passenger's seat of the squad car while his partner, Officer Kiara Valentine, V for short, drove. "Chief's sent us to go find and bring the he called up to the crime scene. From what he said, the detective has her own office in this area that we're going to." Officer V replied as the squad car stopped at a red light. "Who's the detective?" Officer Davey asked as he checked the GPS to see that the designated location was about 5 minutes from where the car was.

"I'm not sure, but from the Chief said, she's also a private investigator that works with missing persons reports. All the other detectives are busy with their own separate investigation so the one we're getting pretty much has nothing better to do according to the Chief." Officer V said before the light turned green. Officer V continued to drive down the road until the car pulled up outside a small, dark-gray office building with the sign, "Private Detective/Investigator's Office" "So this is the place huh?" Officer Davey spoke as he and his partner got out of their car and stood in front of the building. "It is." Officer V replied, "We should be able to find the detective inside."

The two officers stepped towards the door to the building before Officer Davey opened it. "After you." Officer Davey said before Officer V stepped inside with him following close behind. As the door closed behind them, the two police officers looked around the dark reception area that was dimly lit by a few lamps. A ceiling fan spun slowly as a record on a gramophone played softly on the desk of the receptionist as she was busy typing on her computer. "Excuse me miss," Officer V said as she walked up to the desk while pulling out her badge, "Me and my partner are looking for the detective that was called by the Police Chief." The receptionist looked up from her computer and saw the two officers before spoke, "Yes of course. Why don't you wait over there and have a seat? I'll let her know you're here." The two officers went over to the chairs by the wall and took a seat.

"This detective must really like the dark." Officer Davey spoke as he squinted his eyes a little bit. "No kidding," Officer V replied, "I can barely see a thing in here." "I can also smell smoke- like cigarettes." Officer Davey said. "I know the receptionist doesn't smoke." Officer V pointed out until the sound of a button clicking was heard. The receptionist turned to the two officers as they sat up in the chairs before she spoke, "Detective Holly Horsely will see you now."

The two officers got up from their chairs as the receptionist spoke again, "The Detective's office is just down the hall and the first door on the right. The door should have the sign with her name on it." "Ok thank you." Officer V replied before she and Officer Davey made their way to the Detective's office. As they got close to the office door, the strong smell of cigar smoke filled their nostrils. "Let's just hope this Detective Holly Horsely can refrain from smoking at the crime scene." Officer Davey said as he waved away the smoke with his hand. Officer V grabbed the door handle and opened the door to reveal the office of Detective Holly Horsely, with a cork-board having many papers pinned along with red string connecting some pins. A ceiling fan spun slowly as the window blinds were cracked open, letting a bit of light into the dark office. Sitting behind her desk, the Detective had the back of her chair facing the two police officers.