Chapter 11: Deal With The Darkness

Warning: The following chapter contains mentions of death, murder, abuse, and other disturbing themes. Viewer discretion is advised. Proceed with caution.

And now onto the chapter.

During the aftermath of Cyborg's announcement, the world was in a state of panic. King Liam Glowacki called up Mark Edward Fischback, the famous billionaire and founder of the Umbrella Academy to the castle for an emergency meeting regarding the Outlaws. His adopted children went with him, since they would be the ones needed to take care of the Outlaws for good. 

However dear reader, this chapter we will be focusing on someone new. A third chair violinist heading home from a cancelled orchestra rehearsal, due to the first chair disappearing under... mysterious circumstances. The female with dark black hair and eyes, along with pale white skin like a ghost carried her large case containing her violin to her home, which was only a few blocks away from the theater she rehearsed and performed with her orchestra. The girl was Linda, who was nothing than the younger sister of Jason, who was the abusive ex-boyfriend of Princess Annari Marie Glowacki. She was also the ex-girlfriend of Robin Hood himself, and the birth mother of Rhea/The Cowboy that she abandoned on the rooftop of the building on the day Robin Hood stole Queen Marie's necklace.   

But Linda was a true nobody. She was barely acknowledged in the orchestra she performed in, and a lone wolf since she had no friends. The people that knew her however, only saw her as a monster like her brother Jason. So Linda usually kept to herself, suppressing her feelings of loneliness most of the time. Linda was indeed among the 43 children born on the same day, however she had a twin sister named Agnes who was stolen after their mother died in childbirth. All her life, she was manipulated by her father to believe she was ordinary, and also mistreated by her brother Jason since she had no powers like the other children born on the same day as her.   

On this night however, everything was about to change as Linda made it home from the cancelled rehearsal. She entered her home and set her large violin case down with a sad sigh. Linda was thinking about trying out for the position of first chair, but knew she wouldn't make the cut, no matter how hard she tried. Unbeknownst to her, there was an intruder, lurking in the shadows as she watched the girl with her glowing dark purple eyes with spade pupils. It was the perfect opportunity to start unleashing what the woman of darkness had in store for the entire world.

"My my, it seems something is troubling you dear child." The woman of darkness spoke, before Linda looked around with her eyes wide in search of the voice. "Who's there? I warn you I don't take kindly to intruders!" Linda said before she looked and saw the woman step into the light from the shadows. The woman held a black staff in her hand, and wore a skintight black dress with black high heels. A purple spade was on her stomach as the woman's hair was tied into a tight bun with black horns of her head. Her magenta colored lips had a sinister smile as her eyes glowed. "W-Who are you?" Linda asked as she was paralyzed in her spot where she stood as she gazed at the woman of darkness.

"You may call me Crowella, or the Spade Queen if you prefer." The woman said as she stepped closer to Linda. "What do you want?" Linda asked as her eyes were wide in a state of terror. "It's more about what you want dear child." The Spade Queen replied, only making Linda very confused. "What I want...?" "Yes. I can sense deep within your pain, your loneliness, your rejection, your power." The Spade Queen said. "Power? But I don't have any, even though I was among the 43 born on the same day..." Linda mumbled, while the Spade Queen heard her and smiled. "That's what they wanted you to believe. That you were nothing. That you were just ordinary. They were able to suppress your power... until now." The Spade Queen said while Linda looked at her in confusion. "Who's they?" Linda asked before the Spade Queen stepped forward and held out her hand.