III

WARNING: PHILS CONSENT CAN APPEAR  UNCLEAR IN THE BEGINNING, SMUT, NIGHTMARE, AGGRESIVE BEHAVIOR (?)

Phil's POV

On the train back to our apartment we tiredly fell silent. It had been a busy day. Not physically demanding, but mentally. I couldn't stop thinking about last night and I saw that it wasn't easy for Dan to stay calm. Most of all in front of Oliver.

The last time Oliver saw him was at the party while Dan was completely drunk and high. Now he sat soberly next to him and talked about planned projects and upcoming appointments.

I just felt sorry for him sitting there and trying to sound constructive. I felt nothing but deep affection for him for trying not to relapse. He did it mainly because of me, I knew that, and I appreciated that.

Even if I wished that one day he would be so valuable to himself that he wanted to be able to stop without thinking about me.

It seemed to be getting harder by the minute, so I decided to ask him if we should go. It was late anyway.

"Thank you." he said modestly when we were outside.

"No problem." I replied. We smiled at each other before we made our way to the station.

And now we were here on the tube. We both sat next to each other, lost in our thoughts, me at the window and Dan in the corridor.

I looked out into the dark, admired the city's colorful lights. At that time there was hardly anyone on the tube on weekdays. A couple of rows in front of us was a guy who must have been about our age and far away an older woman who looked unhappy.

As I wondered why she might be unhappy, I suddenly felt Dan's hand on my thigh. I immediately turned my head to him, but he strained to look ahead, ignoring me.

His fingers moved to my crotch, which is why I hit it with the palm of my hand so that he would take it away.

"Stop it." I hissed in horror, whereupon he immediately pulled his hand back. For the rest of the ride he played awkwardly with his hands, sometimes looking at his cell phone.

What the hell was going on?

"Are you crazy, Dan?" I asked in horror as I closed the door to the apartment behind us.

I stormed in and stopped a few meters further in the middle of the hall, so Dan couldn't get past me. He pulled off his jacket with a frown and hung them up.

"Just forget it." He said, trying to walk past me without interest, but I didn't let him through.

"Forget it? Jesus Christ, Dan." I didn't know if I should be angry or worried.

He looked at me for a long time until he slowly took off my jacket. Hardly audible, it landed on the floor. I was so perplexed that I couldn't say anything.

"Ever thought that I might just wish, that we could repeat that from last night?" He said, looking down at his hands that were on my waistband. They sneaked under my shirt and at that moment I stopped his plan, almost violently tore his arms away from me.

"Stop it, Daniel." I warned him. Unimpressed, he raised his head, tilted it slightly to appease me with tender kisses just below my ear.

"Didn't you like it?" He whispered before looking at me again. "It looked very much like it and ,mostly, sounded like it."

Why did he start now? He had left it all day, not even making a tiny comment. What was wrong with him? Instead of his physical ailments, he seemed to be going crazy now.