XVII

WARNING: A LITTLE TINY BIT OF SMUT

***

Phil's POV

"I'll see you around." Oliver told us after hugging us one after the other. "Hopefully your physical condition will stay the way it is and won't get any worse." He addressed Dan before walking through the front door.

He just nodded and tried to pretend that he wasn't terribly afraid that the pain would return fully. Because they could do that at any time and they would probably do it too often in the next few days and weeks.

"I'll see you." I said, and braced myself on the door frame. He smiled at us again before turning and walking down the stairs.

The door closed behind Oliver and not a second later I turned to Dan, who was just standing there and I was looking uncertain. I bridged the small distance between us and so maneuvered him against the wall behind him.

He looked at me in surprise, but didn't do anything against it, when I kissed him stormily, to which he responded in surprise at first, but then he returned the kiss that made everything explode in me as always.

"I love you more than anything." I started to, perhaps, regain the piece of trust that day had cost him with my expressions of love. I kissed him again, but stopped short so that I could speak to him. "We will sort it out. Everything will be fine."

My hands felt for the button on his pants to open it, but he held them, which involuntarily stopped me.

"What did I do to earn that now?" He asked breathlessly. He just knew me too well not to notice that I was doing this for a reason.

"Just because. I will be able to tell my boyfriend how I feel for him, right?" I replied on his neck, which I meanwhile caressed with my lips again.

He tilted his head slightly to the side, which showed me that he was getting involved. His breathing accelerated barely noticeably, but I noticed anyway, which is why I grabbed him by the left and right of his sweatshirt shortly afterwards and pulled him backwards into the bedroom with me. Still astonished, he just came to me, whereupon I gently pushed him onto the bed and immediately went after him again.

"Phil, stop it." he managed.

"What is it? Don't you want to?" I asked gently, somewhat unsettled. I mean, I remember very well what his past was.

"Of course I want to, but something is wrong with you."

"Everything is fine. What's wrong about making out?" I groaned because I was beginning to realize that I couldn't avoid telling him the truth. Dan rolled his eyes and pushed me further away.

"How am I supposed to trust you if you never tell me what's going on with you?" He said annoyed and sat up, whereupon I went off and leaned against the wall, whereupon he immediately sat up and put his hand on my forearm.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. Maybe I just imagined it." He apologized as I rubbed my eyes and resigned myself to the fact that I was wrong again, although I so badly wanted to do everything right to prevent exactly what he had just accused me of.

"No, you're right." I said, and no matter how long I rubbed my eyes, the tears in it were still adamant.

"I'm so scared that after today you think I would leave you alone. Believe me, if I could I wouldn't spend a day without you. Please, you just have to believe me. You know I didn't want to betray you, right?" It suddenly burst out of me like a waterfall. "I don't know what to do to show you. Somehow it just seems to get worse and worse-"