Act I: Chapter 4

(Perspective: Ink)

I'm not gonna lie, but I find Adeleine to be pretty cute. She reminds me of some of the pacifist Frisks in the other AUs. I know she's not a Frisk, but she seems like one, just a little bit. When we got back onto the boat, I decided to go outside to the front of the ship and take another look at the ocean. It really was amazing to look at. I could stare at it for hours. A bit later, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Adeleine standing there holding a plate of rainbow frosted sugar cookies.

"Would you like a snack?" she asked me, "I painted them myself." She painted them herself? How? I thought only I had the power to create with paint. I thought she was just some token artist.

"You said you painted them yourself?" I asked her.

"Oh, did I forget to tell you that whatever I paint can become real?" Adeleine responded. I was surprised to hear this. Another person with a power similar to mine, except she has a SOUL and I don't.

"Thanks," I said as I took a cookie off of the plate. I put the cookie into my mouth and took a bite. It was delicious. She really was amazing. I wanted to say something else to her, but there was nothing I could think of. But then she spoke.

"So, the big city," she said, "Are you excited to go?"

"A little bit," I said, "I can't really feel excitement without drinking or pouring one of these paint bottles on me. The paints are what let me feel emotions."

"I believe I've figured that out by now," Adeleine said to me, "When we were examining you at the doctor's office, we saw that you didn't have a SOUL, and when I found one of your paint bottles that you dropped, I used it and started to feel sad for no reason."

"Oh," I said, "I think it's a good thing that you found it and didn't use too much. Too much of it could be bad for a normal person or animal."

"I see," Adeleine said. She started to sniff something in the air.

"Do you smell something?" she asked me.

"I don't believe so," I said. She put the plate down and started to sniff some more. She started to follow the smell. She ended up sniffing me from toe to head. I think she went a little too close to me though. I felt so embarrassed and anxious at the same that I started to feel a bit nauseous. I quickly got away and threw up black ink into the ocean. When I was done, she turned around and had a shocked look on her face.

"Is that normal?" she asked me.

"Unfortunately, yes," I answered, "When I get too anxious or excited, I throw up black ink. It's disgusting, but normal. Why were you sniffing me?"

"I smelt something bad," Adeleine answered, "It must've been from when you got here. I saw where you landed. You were in the dirt and you were wet. And I don't think wet dirt smells good. Do you?" I started to blush, and I think Adeleine noticed.

"Don't tell me you're going to throw up again," she said.

"I'm not," I said, "But do I really smell that bad?" I sniffed my arm, and found out that she was right. Wet dirt did not smell good, which is what I smelled like because I fell in dirt in the rain. Adeleine giggled, and I smiled.

"Maybe you should take a shower when we get back to town," she suggested, "And then I can also show you my home."

"Okay," I said.

"And I'm sure Adeleine would love to see you in the buff," Ribbon said from behind us. We turned around.

"Ribbon?! What the actual frick?! How long have you been there?" Adeleine shouted.