Act II: Chapter 7

(Perspective: Adeleine)

Ink had got to stop lying. I've been around liars for so long that I know when someone's lying. But I did feel bad for him. I was sure that the reason he lied to me was because he doesn't want me involved. But I could help him. We have similar powers and I had a red SOUL of Determination.

As soon as we sat down, the train left. We were on our way to Peppermint Palace. The name sounds delicious, but the castle itself is just made of ice. No peppermint involved at all. While we were on the train ride, I pulled out my sketchbook and started to sketch in it. Ink sat down next to me.

"What are you drawing?" he asked me.

"A skeleton," I answered, "I've been working on my ribcages recently. Wanna see?"

"Sure," Ink answered. I flipped open to another page and showed him my skeleton drawings. Ink seemed amazed.

"Wow," he said, "These are amazing."

"Thanks," I said, "The reason I got so good was from practice." Ink pointed to one of the skeletons.

"That one looks kind of like Underswap Sans," he told me.

"Who's Underswap Sans?" I asked him.

"Just another Sans in the multiverse," Ink explained, "I'm a Sans, but people call me Ink. Error is also a Sans. People usually call Underswap Sans 'Blueberry'. If I can be as simple as possible, all Sans have the same body shape. There is usually one per multiverse and most of us are male, with the exceptions of a few females."

"Interesting," I responded, "You must know a lot about the multiverse."

"I have a question for you," Ink continued, "How did you get that outfit design?"

"For the skeleton?" I responded, "I had a dream once where I saw him. It was weird, because he was like super hyper, but he was super adorable as well."

"That sounds like Blueberry," Ink giggled.

"Heh," I said, "Anyways, it's going to be pretty cold where we're going next. You might want a jacket.

"Nah," Ink said, "I think I'll be good. If anyone needs a jacket, it's you. I have this extra light-blue one tied around my waist." He took off the blue sweater from his waist and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said, "But are you sure you won't need a jacket or a sweater or something?"

"I'm sure," Ink replied. This kind of worried me, but there was no need to be worried.

After a half-hour long train ride, we arrived at Peppermint Palace. I put on the sweater Ink gave me. It was surprisingly warm. As we got off the train, white particles of snow fell from the sky. Cool wind blew by. I was able to stay warm from the sweater. Peppermint Palace was this giant castle-like structure with bricks made out of ice. In fact, the whole building was made out of ice, including the desks, doors, and dishes.

"So, what is this place used for?" Ink asked.

"I think it used to be a dungeon, but now it's a hotel," Meta Knight answered.

"Why would anyone want to sleep here?" Ribbon asked, "Isn't it below freezing on the inside?"

"People always say that igloos are warmer on the inside," I explained.

"So, what are we supposed to do here exactly?" Ribbon asked.

"Maybe we check out a room or something?" I suggested, "The map only tells us where to go, not really what to next. If anything, I suspect something suspicious. Let's go inside with caution." Everyone nod their head with agreement. We all tiptoed to the door and I gently pushed it open. Surprisingly, it looked like a normal hotel with a Cappy at the main desk.