Final Act: Chapter 20

(Perspective: Ink)

(Flashback: Many, many years before the events of ArtistTale)

I was at the lab back in the AU ArtistTale. I walked down the dark hallways and saw a girl wearing black with red hair standing in front of a large computer at the end. I was a little confused about who it was at first, but then I realized it was an old friend of mine.

"Rosie?" I called out. She turned away from the several TV screens and gazed over at me. Her eyes were as green as emeralds.

"Ink, I'm so glad you're here!" she said with enthusiasm, "I found this amazing new discovery! Come quickly!"

"Rosie, what's going on?" I asked, "Where's Dr. Gaster or Alphys?"

"They're busy at the moment," she answered, "But look at this discovery I made!" She pointed her finger across the monitors, showing me all of the different universes.

"Multiverse theory is real!" she continued, "There are other multiverses outside of our own. They've got Kirby, EarthBound, and I think you'll like this one, Xenoblade!" I smiled ever so slightly.

"That's great," I said.

"That's not even the best part," Rosie said, "With enough Determination, I can Load all of these worlds into our own. Ink, this will be revolutionary! We could then bring all of the worlds together in a single AU and have a big crossover event. I bet right now there's someone out there with the same idea as me. What do you think?" My smile turned straight.

"Um, I'm not so sure," I responded, "What if something bad happens?"

"Ink, you're the protector of AUs," Rosie stated, "You can create anything and make it come to life. You made this AU. Why are you worrying about? Crossing over worlds shouldn't be so bad. All I have to do is Load them." She turned around and revealed her SOUL. Her eyes changed color from green to red as she filled herself with Determination. Using her SOUL, she revealed two yellow buttons. One saying "Load", and the other one said "Reset".

"Wait!" I said, "Don't do it." Rosie didn't respond.

"This is it," she said, ignoring me, "We're finally going to cross over our worlds." Her finger was about to press the load button. Without thinking I ran over and pushed her over, accidentally causing her to press the Load and Reset button at the same time. I gasped before the inevitable disaster.

"Oh my gosh," I said, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to..." Rosie turned to me.

"You've made a big mistake," she said, "I'm disappointed in you." Shivers went down my spine.

"What will happen now?" I asked.

"When, I pressed both load and reset, something went wrong, meaning that this AU will crash, as soon as the other worlds load," Rosie explained, "We need to leave! Now!" She quickly grabbed my hand and headed straight for the elevator.

"Is there anyway we can stop it?" I asked, "I don't want to lose this AU."

"Maybe there is," Rosie said, "But we have to warn the others. We need to head to Asgore's Castle." As we were running, I started to see glitches in the walls. They were getting bigger every step we took. Right as we reached the elevator, the wall glitched so much it collapsed right in front of us, blocking the elevator.

"Rosie, we're trapped!" I shouted, "How are we going to get out?" Rosie's determined attitude started to fade, along with her hair color changing from tomato red to a hesitant teal color. Her eye color went back to emerald green.

"My Determination," she said, "It's going away." She fell to her knees and pulled out her SOUL. About half of it had turned gray.

"Rosie?" I said, "Everything's going to be fine, right?" Seeing the sadness in my eyes, she put her hand on my shoulder.