5.

Couple hours after the boys left for their fun day. I had woke up from a nap I hadn't even remember taking. Boredom will really make you lose track of time. My stomach started rumbling and the warden hadn't let me know what was for dinner. I looked at the time. 6:48 PM. It was still early.
I knew I couldn't cook anything for myself, so I decided to get a light snack. Something told me I was taking my chance with this, but the pain in my stomach couldn't last another hour.
I got up from the seeping couch and creeped tiptoed past her bedroom. Her door was closed but her light was on. I pressed my ear up to her black painted door. No noise. No tv going on. No music playing. She must be sleep.
I took one more look before I proceeded into the kitchen.
I quickly climbed on the step ladder to retrieve the jar of cookies kept on top of the refrigerator.
Unscrewing the top, picking up a few and screwing it back on I hurriedly put the jar back.
FLICK!
The lights cut on. Damn, I thought I was so careful.
I turned around and was met with the hard pale side of a hand.
SLAP!
The sting of the slap made my body numb and the cookies in my hand drop to the floor.
"In here stealing! Huh?" Beatrice said as she stood overtop of me, even if only a couple inches her demeanor still had me shook.
"No, I was hungry."
"Why didn't you ask?"
"You were sleep."
SLAP!
"Who you raising your voice at, little boy?"
I hadnt raised my voice, she just didn't like the fact that she was wrong.
"You hear me talking to you?!" she screamed as she raised her hand up to smack me again when the doorbell rang.
"Fix your face, now." She said with tight lips.
I wiped my face and prayed it was Rich and Nate. Though she treated me like shit in front of them, she never hit me in their presence.
She walked over to the door to see who it was, I wasn't tall enough to see through the peephole, but with the roll of her eyes, I knew her reign of terror was over, if only for the rest of the day.
Nate and Rich came walking in, and boy was I glad to see them. Nate handed me a McDonald's bag and a soda. My eyes widened.
"Is this for me?" I asked.
"Yeah," he half smiled as he took off his coat and got comfortable on the couch.
"I'll see y'all later." Rich said walking back out to his car.
"You enjoy your day?" Beatrice asked, plopping beside him. How she just pretends like nothing ever happened is beyond me, I just wish he could be a fly on the wall to see for himself what exactly I go through when he's not around.
Not wanting to hear their conversation anymore, I made my way to my spot in the kitchen reserved for me and ate my food. I was gonna talk to him about it tomorrow, maybe he could get her to stop. Hopefully she'll listen to him.