20.

One week later...

"How you feeling?" Devonté asked, picking up my shoe that fell on the floor. He had given me a few outfits since I been here, and to say the least I was very much appreciative for it.
"I'm feeling good." I blushed to say, I was scared of meeting this lady but happy at the same time, I was meeting my Grandma. My Daddy's mom.
"You excited about your day with your grandma?"
Up until about 6 hours ago I didn't even know I had a grandmother. It was always me and my Daddy, then Nate's mother passed and came to stay with us, but even with him there we never really saw much of anybody else. To say the least, I kind of liked it that way. Like I had all his love to myself. Nonetheless, I was still optimistic in meeting her.
"I actually am," I said truthfully.
Devonte smiled at me and said, "I'm glad, I'm so proud of all the progress you've made so far bestfriend, being with everything you went through."
DING DONG DING DONG! DING DONG DING DONG!
"I'll get it!" Devonté's father called out from the kitchen as he made his way to the door.
I looked at the clock.
3:30 PM. Right on the dot.
"How are you Mrs. Gwen?" I heard him sang in front of the door as he held it open for the mystery lady to enter inside.
"I'm well Keith, it's good to see you again." She said hugging him.
I looked at my Bestfriend to see if he peeped what I had.
He simply shrugged his shoulders, we both were clueless on what "again" meant. How did they know each other?
"Likewise." He said snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Is he here?" She asked, excitement filled her voice.
"He sure is, this way." I heard the front door close, and a woman entered the doorway.

   When our eyes first met, she smirked a pretty smile in my direction

   When our eyes first met, she smirked a pretty smile in my direction. She looked just like my father. She had flawless skin, with long silk black hair wrapped up in curls. Mrs. Gwen was really a beauty.
Her gaze met mine and she said, "You must be my grand baby," as she placed her soft hands on my cheeks admiring my face.
"You look just like my Raymond."
I got up and we exchanged a hug, a hug that we both knew was long overdue.
"It's so nice to meet you, Grandma." I said, sitting back down.
"Oh you might as well get on back up baby, we gots shoppin' to do!" She exclaimed taking me lightly by the hand and guiding me off my seat.
"We'll be back later on you guys, today is about my only grandchild."
We said our goodbyes, and headed to the car.
"A whole day just for me, grandma?" I asked.
"Of course, I want to know all about you, we need to make up for lost years."
I nodded in agreement.
What a lot we have to catch up on.