22.

The ride back to my Bestfriend's house was a comfortably silent one. She asked me to live with her. How? Where does she live? What school would I go to?
I glanced at her for a quick second and look away. Maybe living with her won't be such a bad thing. It would sure as hell beat living with the wretch.
"I gotta surprise for you if you say yes." She said softly interrupting my thoughts.
"What kind of surprise?" I asked.
"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it?" She winked at me.
I smiled and said, "Your right, Grandma."
She cupped her hand on my face.
"No pressure baby, just think about it, I know it's what your father would want."
I thought about my father often, I wondered how he felt about all of this? It seemed like nobody could give me word on his input. Little did my grandma know, I had already came up with a decision about living with her. I just hoped I was making the right one.
When we arrived back at my place of residence, she walked me inside, said our goodbyes and see you laters followed with hugs and kisses and departed back down the road.
I locked the door behind her, smiling at the amazing day I had.
"Your back!" Devonté exclaimed, running up to hug me.
"You know I'll always come back to you bestfriend."
He blushed under my gaze.
"Awe stop. Come on," he said as he grabbed my bags and headed towards the room we shared together. "I need to know everything bestfriend."
I look at my Bestfriend's reaction to my day I hadn't even told him about yet and smiled. He was truly happy for me.
"You not gonna believe this." I started.
"I'm listening." He said legs folded anxious to hear what I had to say next.
"She asked me to come live with her."
My Bestfriend gasped.
"What did you say?"