21.

After eating at Ruby Tuesday's for the first time, me and my new found grandmother parked at the biggest mall I've ever laid eyes on.
"Let's shop til' we drop, grandson." She said aloud.
Grandson. I definitely have heard the word before, just never used towards me.
I smiled and took her hand in mine as we walked across the parking lot into the main entrance.
Once inside, my grandma knew immediately where she wanted us to go and led the way.
We entered the store and I took a look around. Then down to my own worn jeans. All I could do was sigh.
"Take a look around grandson, see what you like." She said gliding her fingers through the hangers of clothes.
I gave her a puzzled look.
"I don't really know what I like." I said softly.
She came closer to where I was.
"What do you mean, baby?" She said.
"I don't know what kind of clothes I like."
My grandma gave me a confused look.
"When Beatrice takes you shopping, what kind of clothes do you normally decide you want?" She asked.
"She doesn't take me shopping grandma." I said with disdain.
My grandmother's pretty smile diminished as I spoke the last word.
"I don't know why she treated you that way. I'm so sorry Isaiah," she said stroking my cheek with her soft hand.
"But I promise you this," she continued. "You will never have to feel unloved again."
I smiled slowly upon her gaze, something in me told me she meant every word.
"Now lets get you some clothes." She said with a wink.

**********************************

We left the mall with about 10 bags and I almost couldn't believe someone would spend all this money just for me. I was truly lost for words walking back to the car.
"Where to now, grandma?" I asked once I put my seat belt on.
"Somewhere special." She said smiling at me.
We exited the parking lot and I admired the scenery of my surroundings as we drove to our next destination. I hadn't ever been on this side of town, it was almost like a foreign place to me. It was filled with lights, and statues, and the sounds of people and dogs barking. Nothing like my neighborhood where the sound of gunshots filled the air at night, and the annoying screams of children that don't know what a bedtime is. It was just so different over here and I was soaking it all up.
Before I knew it, we had arrived.
It was a park, it was filled with games, swings, basketball courts, and lemonade stands. Still soaking it up.
"What's special about here, grandma?"
She took my hand and guided me along the sidewalk.
"I use to take your Father here when he was about your age." She said smiling at the memory.
My face lit up with the mention of my father.
"Really?"
"Yes baby. Since he was a little boy he pretty much grew up in the park. It was his favorite place. It still is."
"How is my daddy?" I asked the question I'd been wanting to ask since I saw her face. Something just told me she would be the one to answer that question for me.
She smiled.
"I knew you'd get around to that. You really are my baby's son. He's been a little sick lately. He's getting better though." She said.
"Where is he?" I asked.
"Baby how would you like to come live with me?" She asked disregarding my last question. But maybe this question needed more attention.
Live with her? Can I even do that?