CHAPTER FOUR

Evelyn sat on the couch with Damon across from a tied up Kai who was telling one of his famous stories. Damon looked like he was about to stab him while Evelyn was drawing in her sketchbook resting her combat boot covered feet on the coffee table using her legs as a desk.

"And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window looking all JFK. But then, I was, like...wha - how am I going to get these photos developed-" Kai was cut off by an irritated Damon.

"Oh my god, just answer the damn question," Damon groans in annoyance, "nobody cares about your little story."

"You know, I'm pretty sure Evelyn liked my story, isn't that right Lyn," Kai tilts his head in Evelyn's direction causing her to meet his gaze when she heard her name, "can I call you Lyn? I'm going to call you Lyn."

"Hmm?"

"You were enjoying my story weren't you?" Kai asks.

"Uh...sure," Evelyn nods continuing her with her sketch.

"Wha-Don't agree with him," Damon slaps her arm gently, "how do you not find his voice annoying by now?"

"Because I've been friends with you for six years," Evelyn glares at Damon making Kai smirk, "and I have been stuck here with you for two months and all you have talked about is missing Elena...so no, his voice isn't annoying yet but yours is."

Damon sent her a glare, "someone is grumpy."

"I have been looking for my ring all over the place and I haven't found it yet, I haven't gotten any sleep for the past two months, my anxiety is being a pain in the ass, you and Kai haven't stopped bickering since he got here and Bonnie left me alone to supervise two idiots," Evelyn slams her sketchbook down on the table with her pencil as she finishes her rant, "so, yes, maybe I'm a little grumpy."

Kai watches as she hurriedly walks out of the room. He looks over at Damon who has a frown on his face as Evelyn leaves.

"She's really hot when she's annoyed," Kai smirks when Damon's head snaps in his direction. He loves getting under his skin and one of the best ways to do it is flirt with his best friend.

"Don't even think about it," Damon threw a cushion at Kai's face causing him to give him a blank stare.

"I got everything you need," Bonnie walks in with her backpack full of the supplies Kai asked for which made the boys stop before another Hicks ring match could erupt, "a can -opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam. Pocket knife, volume 'O' of the Encyclopedia, a nail and a black marker."

"Where's Evie?" Bonnie looks around for her best friend to see she was nowhere in sight. She looks between the to males in the room and glares.

"What the hell did you two do?" Damon opens his mouth then closes it.

"We didn't do anything," Damon explains, "her anxiety hasn't been nice to her."

Bonnie's eyes widened, "where is she?"

"In the kitchen," Kai answers simply.

"Alone," Bonnie glares at Damon, "she having trouble with her anxiety and you left her in there alone?!"

"You idiot!" Bonnie rushes out of the room and goes into the kitchen as fast as possible when Damon stands there with an open mouth.

"Wow, twice in one day. That's got to hurt," Kai pouts aggravating Damon even more.

"Shut up!"

Evelyn's hands hadn't stopped shaking since she entered the kitchen. She let out a sigh and quickly took out a water bottle from the fridge and started drinking it. She started breathing heavily as she leans against the counter trying to control her breathing.