CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Evelyn was out of the house early the next morning despite her hesitation after Colin turned up at their doorstep covered in blood. She had an early morning psychology class that she was willing to skip but Caroline practically forced her out of the house promising she'll call her and explain everything later. She didn't want her sister falling behind anymore.

Evelyn sat at the back of the class taking notes before realising she already covered all of this during her last study session with Liv who was strangely nowhere to be found. She sighs opening her book to the last page and started drawing.

Once class was over, she sighed in relief. Someone tapped her shoulder causing her to turn around and see a blonde haired girl from her class smile at her, "cool drawing. You have real talent."

Evelyn smiles, "thanks."

"He's cute. Is he your boyfriend or something?" the girl nods towards the drawing. Evelyn creases her eyebrows looking back at the drawing to see she was drawing Kai.

"Umm, he's..."

"Complicated?" The brunette chuckles knowingly.

"Something like that," Evelyn forces a chuckle making the girl smile nodding her head before walking off.

Evelyn stares back at the drawing in shock, not realising she was even drawing him. She let out a groan closing the notebook aggressively before collecting all of her things and leaving the classroom after waving bye to her professor.

"I'm so screwed," Evelyn mutters shaking her head before answering her phone when it starts ringing.

"Hey Care, I just got out of class-" Evelyn froze when she heard Caroline sniffling on the other side of the line, "are you crying?"

"I killed mum. This is all my fault," Evelyn furrows her eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?"

"The blood doesn't cure it. It makes it worse," Caroline tries to stifle her sobs.

"Where are you?" Evelyn quickly rushes to her car, her black heeled combat boots clicking against the concrete, "where are you right now?"

"I'm hiding in the storage room on mum's floor," Caroline answers shakily.

"I'll be right there. Don't move."

***

Evelyn rushes into Whitmore hospital trying to find the storage room Caroline was crying in. She looks around walking further across the floor when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turns around and sees Jo smiling softly at her, "hey, are you okay?"

"I'm trying to find Caroline, she told me what happened," Evelyn explains making Jo nod her head in understanding.

"I'm sorry about what's happening with your mother. I've been keeping a close eye on her," Jo looks at the girl sympathetically.

"Thanks, Jo," Evelyn smiles, "I've been meaning to ask when we had that conversation about...can we keep that between us?"

"Yeah, of course," Jo nods her head, "as long as you keep what I told you a secret."

Evelyn chuckles nodding her head, "Deal. I should go find my twin."

Jo waves at the girl as Evelyn rushes down the hallway towards the storage room and opens the door turning on the light. Evelyn's heart breaks slightly when she sees her twin in the corner crying. She closes the door and walks towards her taking a seat next to her leaning against the door.

"It's my fault...if I had just listened to you about this being too easy then we wouldn't be in this situation," Caroline sniffles making Evelyn frown, "we would have more time with her."