CHAPTER NINETEEN

After checking up on Liv, Evelyn went to the shops to buy the balloons that Caroline had requested. She made her way into the Salvatore Boarding House with the bunch of balloons in her hands, walking into the living room to see Caroline watching Ms Cuddles with an uneasy expression.

"You know, if you stare it hard enough, it might explode from the harsh stare you're giving it," Caroline jumps turning around to glare at her sister who puts the balloons down with a smirk.

"Oh, shut up," Caroline rolls her eyes before her eyes land on the grey jacket she was wearing, "is that Kai's jacket?"

"No..."

Caroline gasps turning to look at her sister with wide eyes, "oh my god! You guys are already sharing clothes and you aren't even dating yet!"

Evelyn quickly put her hands on Caroline's arms trying to quieten her down, "shhh. You forget there are vampires in this house."

"I can't believe it! That's so cute," Caroline smiles widely.

"Care, it's not a big deal. He wouldn't let me leave without it on because apparently it was cold out," Evelyn shrugs making Caroline 'aww'.

"He was worried about you getting sick," Caroline nudges her playfully.

"Stop it," Evelyn pushes her away making her let out a giggle.

"Wait, he didn't let you leave without it?" Evelyn nods her head slowly not knowing if she likes the smirk that was present on her twin's face.

"Yeah..."

"But I'm assuming you got changed, right?" Evelyn didn't answer making Caroline giggle, "you put it on again! Awe, that's so cute!"

Evelyn sighs shaking her head, "Care, please, shut up."

Caroline smiles widely before her eyes land on Ms Cuddles once again making her smile drop. She narrows her eyes on it as she moves side to side causing Evelyn to look at her weirdly, "do her eyes follow you everywhere you go?"

Evelyn narrows her eyes staring at the bear carefully. She gasps playfully grabbing onto Caroline's arm tightly causing Caroline to flinch, "what?"

"Did you see that?" Evelyn looks over at Caroline with a fearful expression as Stefan walks over to them with a confused expression.

"See what?" Caroline asks worriedly.

"She blinked and whispered, 'I know what you did to me'," Evelyn whispers before bursting out laughing causing Caroline to glare at her twin pushing her away making her laugh harder as Stefan looks at the twins confused which was a usual expression he wore around them.

"What did you do to her?" Stefan asks while Evelyn sobers up adjusting Kai's grey hooded jacket that she wore over her grey crop top and high waisted black ripped skinny jeans paired with her black heel ankle boots.

"When Bonnie and I were little, we got in this huge fight, so to get back at her, I bear-napped Ms Cuddles, and then I didn't want my Mum to come home and find out," Caroline explains looking over at Evelyn to finish the story.

"So then she dragged me along with her, using the twin card on me to help her bury Ms Cuddles in the woods," Evelyn explains crossing her arms, "she even left a trail of M&Ms to mark the spot where she buried her."

"Well, I'm pretty sure that Bonnie is over it by now," Stefan shoves his hands in his jean pockets as Caroline stares back at Ms Cuddles.

"Ms Cuddles isn't. She's out there all alone like Bonnie," Caroline trails off making Evelyn raise an eyebrow.

"Oh no. I know that look," Evelyn sighs looking over at Stefan, "it's the same look she had when she decided to bury Ms Cuddles."

"You know what? I'm gonna go find her," Caroline spoke up with determination clear in her eyes making Evelyn's eyes widened in surprise not expecting that.