CHAPTER SEVEN

Evelyn and Kai walk back to the place Bonnie and Damon currently were, making small talk, Evelyn laughing as Kai cracks a joke or says a stupid pun. Evelyn felt like she shouldn't be getting along with a sociopath who killed his family but he made her feel safe as weird as it sounds.

Kai smiles down at her as she goes on about studying psychology and photography at Whitmore College, telling him about how she and Caroline were going to share a dorm and everything. He finds it adorable whenever she went on a rant about something she loves.

He feels different whenever he is around her and he doesn't know why. It's like this feeling where he's comfortable around her enough to be himself. He could go on a rant about killing his siblings and hating his father so much he wants to kill him and she'd never judgemental about it. It's like she understands. The feeling confuses him, just like feelings always do.

They quietened down as they got closer to Damon and Bonnie who look back at them when they heard their footsteps. Kai smiles when he notices Damon had a breakthrough, "looks like we got back just in time."

"Good to see you're still alive and breathing, Evie," Damon smiles at her which resulted in her rolling her eyes.

Kai places the backpack down before glancing at Damon who vamp sped in front of him picking up the backpack checking what was inside, "Zima, grunge, every Alex Rodriguez rookie card in demand, and a pager. Really?"

"555-Hiya-Kai, no way I'm giving those digits up," Kai smirks shoving his hands in his denim jacket pocket, his mouth twitching slightly when he felt the polaroids they just took.

"These are the important supplies you needed to get?" Damon asks as Evelyn gave Kai an 'I told you so' look causing him to roll his eyes while Bonnie glances between Evelyn and Kai suspiciously.

Bonnie thought that Evelyn and Kai would be cute together, but that was before she found out he was a murdering psychopath.

"Look. The future sounds great, all right? I'm super excited about the Internet," Kai smiles sarcastically at Damon, "but 1994 has been my home for most of my life. I'd hate to get homesick. So let's get down there..."

"No." Bonnie stands up pushing past Damon as she stood in front of Kai gripping Evelyn's arm pulling her behind her as Kai watches her with an exasperated look, "we are not going anywhere until you show me the spell."

"Okay." Kai nods standing still, smiling at Evelyn when she met his gaze. She sent him an annoyed look when she realised they were literally weren't going anywhere.

"Are we literally not going anywhere?" Evelyn asks Kai who just smiles at her innocently causing her and Damon to share a look of irritation.

"Fine, you don't want to show me the spell?" Bonnie holds her hands out, a gesture for him to take her magic, "then you can do it yourself."

"Don't mind if I do," Kai smirks aggressively taking her the arms, a red glow coming from his hands when his hands made contact with Bonnie's arms. Bonnie groans in pain as she felt her magic being sucked away.

"Bonnie!" Evelyn and Damon shout when they saw their friend in pain.

"It's okay. He won't kill me," Bonnie struggles through the pain.

"Doesn't look like that from here," Damon states glancing at them.

"Uh...ow!" Bonnie groans, the pain intensifying.

"Kai! Stop." Evelyn shouts glancing at Kai in distress to see him already looking at her.

Bonnie's groans get louder causing Evelyn's breathing to get heavier when Kai didn't let go, "Kai! Let her go!"