CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Evelyn walks into her mother's room to see Damon and Caroline debating about something. Damon turns his attention to the door when he hears a heartbeat. He smiles sarcastically, "the sane twin has arrived!"

Evelyn looks at her mother in confusion as she walks further into the room, "what did I just walk into?"

"Caroline thinks that vampire blood will cure cancer," Evelyn's eyebrows shot up at the statement placing her handbag down beside the bed.

"What?" Evelyn looks at Caroline.

"You don't think it will?" Caroline frowns.

"I-I just think, given the circumstances, we should trust science for once, not some mystical blood that could cause more harm than good," Evelyn explains gently causing Damon to stand up with a smile.

"Ahh, I knew I could count on you, blondie 2.0," Damon sent Evelyn a smile, "now if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure those witches aren't destroying my house. Bye, bye," Damon sends Liz a wink while holding his fist up for Evelyn to bump.

"Bye, dude," Evelyn hit her fist against his before he leaves.

Evelyn walks up to her Mum giving her a kiss on the forehead gently, "Hey, mama. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, sweetheart," Liz smiles at her youngest daughter who takes a seat on the chair next to the bed, "have you eaten breakfast?"

Evelyn's heart starts pounding when she recalls her morning with a certain siphon witch. She looks up and nods, "yeah."

Caroline crosses her arms and looks at her twin with a raised eyebrow, "why is your heart beating really fast?"

"I-I don't know," Evelyn shrugs leaning back against the chair.

"So...anything interesting happen this morning?" Caroline asks as she takes a seat on the hospital by Liz's feet.

"Nope, not that I recall," Evelyn shook her head causing Caroline to let out a loud groan.

"Are you kidding me?" Caroline looks at her sister, "what happened when you woke up?"

"Nothing happened. He cooked me breakfast and wouldn't let me leave until I ate," Evelyn explains as Liz looks between her daughters.

"Am I missing something here?" Liz asks confused, "who cooked you breakfast?"

Evelyn looks over to her twin who was already staring at her. Caroline motions her head towards their mother causing Evelyn to shake her head subtly. The Forbes twins stare at each other secretly talking to each other through their looks. Evelyn sighs in defeat causing Caroline to smile in victory.

"Evelyn's got a boyfriend!" Evelyn's eyes widen at her sister's statement.

"What?" Caroline smirks when she noticed the light blush that tinted her twin's cheeks, "no, I don't!"

"Why didn't you tell me you've been seeing a guy?" Liz asks her daughter making her sigh.

"I'm not seeing him," Evelyn stood up crossing her arms, "I'm trying to get away from him."

Caroline scoffs, "yet you always somehow find your way back to each other."

Evelyn sent Caroline a glare causing her to send an innocent smile back. Liz glances at her youngest daughter, "who is he?"

Evelyn's stance drops playing with the ring on her finger before looking up at her twin who was sending her an encouraging nod. Evelyn sighs looking into her mother's eyes with a nervous look, "K-Kai...Parker."