CHAPTER EIGHT

Evelyn and Damon went their separate ways after they got back, knowing they both needed to see their siblings. Evelyn looks down at her clothes that were covered in blood knowing this would look pretty bad but she didn't care at the moment.

She needed to see her twin.

She went straight to Whitemore knowing what room Caroline's was since they planned it out since Graduation and Caroline already compelled the dean for a dorm across from Bonnie and Elena's. She was hoping that plan hadn't changed otherwise it would be pretty awkward if she walked into someone else's dorm room covered in blood.

She walks through Whitemore seeing that there was rarely anyone in the hallways which she was very thankful for. She stops when she stood in front of the dorm room she and Caroline were supposed to be staying in. She opens it and walks in looking around to see two beds, one of them being occupied by her sister who was lying down cuddling one of her pillows as she cries.

"I miss you so much," Caroline cries making Evelyn's heart breaks at the sight, "I really wish you were here. I can't do this alone. Not anymore. You weren't supposed to leave me...not yet."

"Well, then you're lucky I'm back," Evelyn made herself known making Caroline to quickly sit up and look at her.

"Hey, Care," Evelyn smiles closing the door and taking a step closer as Caroline stood up with tears running down her face.

"It's you..." Caroline whispers, her voice cracking, "it's really you?"

"It's me Care Bear, it's really me," Caroline used her vampire speed to hug her crying harder. Evelyn hugs her back tighter crying into her shoulder so glad she could finally hug her sister after two long and excruciating months.

Carlone pulls back holding her sister's face in her hands examining it carefully, "h-how are you back?"

"It's a long story," Caroline smiles happily before her gaze drops to her blood-stained clothes and hands.

"Oh my god, what happened? Are you okay? Are you bleeding?" Caroline rushes out checking to see if there was blood anywhere, "why can't I smell it on you?"

"It's not my blood, Care," Evelyn explains calming her down.

"Whose is it then?" Caroline asks causing Evelyn to bite her lips as tears form in her eyes.

"As I said...it's a long story," Evelyn gaze drop to her hands that were covered in Bonnie's blood.

"Okay...why don't you shower while I call mum and tell her you're back and if you're up for it you can tell me what happened but it's up to you...I'm not going to push you," Evelyn nods as Caroline guides her to the bathroom that was connected to the dorm, "I'll get you some clothes that you can change into...okay?"

Evelyn nods going into the bathroom before turning back to look at Caroline calling out to her making her turn around alert, "hey Care...I really missed you," Caroline smiles at her taking her phone out.

"I missed you too."

Evelyn closes the door behind her and turns on the shower before taking her jacket off carefully along with the rest of her clothes. She stepped into the shower letting the water glide over her, the dried blood rushing down her before going to the drain. She let her head go under the water letting the water soak up her hair. She sighs as the warm water released the tension in her body, relaxing her but that was only short-lived.

Bonnie came to her mind. Her saying it was okay as she watched her friends go leaving her alone with a sociopath. Her tears mixed with the water that was running down her face. She felt so guilty leaving Bonnie alone probably running for her life because of Kai. She turned the shower off and picked up the towel that Caroline left her wrapping it around her body.