CHAPTER ELEVEN

Evelyn pulls away from Caroline when her phone rings, "I'll see you back in there?"

Evelyn nods before answering her phone as Caroline walks off, "how's it going Hero Hair?"

"Well...I think my brother just vanished into thin air."

Evelyn furrows her eyebrows, "what do you mean he vanished?"

"It's some sort of cloaking spell. Alaric's on the phone with Jo trying to figure out how to break it," Stefan explains.

"Cloaking spell..." Evelyn's eyes widen, "you met Papa Parker!"

"H-How do you do that?" Stefan asks confused.

"It's a gift really," Stefan chuckles, "and to think we could have all had dinner together playing board games."

"Yeah...speaking of, Jo was invited to dinner but I wasn't?"

"I was waiting for you to ask me about that," Evelyn chuckles, "twin code states that in matters such as yours and Caroline's I must, with no exception, take the side of my twin."

"Huh."

"Can you two just kiss and make up?" Evelyn begs, "it's getting weird."

"You're just mad because no one knew how to carve the turkey," Stefan teases making Evelyn laugh.

"Yeah, maybe a little bit..."

Stefan chuckles, "you owe me dinner."

"You got it," Evelyn smiles and hung up walking out of the kitchen to see Jo on the floor in pain with Caroline, Liam and Elena around her.

"Oh my god! What happened?" Evelyn rushes towards Jo.

"I think my father's trying to kill me," Jo says through the pain.

"Get her on the couch, quickly!" Evelyn rushes out as she quickly grabs her phone that was on the floor.

"Ric?" Evelyn calls out.

"Evelyn? What the hell is going on?" Alaric asks through the phone.

"Something's happening to Jo," Evelyn explains glancing at Jo who was holding her head in pain as two vampires and a human tower over her, "you need to find her dad and stop him from whatever spell he's doing on her."

"Well, that's gonna be a problem because even if we could see the house I haven't been invited in," Stefan says.

Evelyn rushes towards Jo, "invite him in."

"You can come in!" Jo shouts through the pain as Evelyn puts them on speaker.

"But we can't even see the damn house," Alaric points out.

"They need magic!" Jo shouts before coughing up some blood into her hand, "crap."

"Elena, we have to do something. Definite signs of hemoptysis," Liam glances at Elena.

"Shut up, Liam," Jo shouts making him look at her in shock.

"Ask them if they see an old tree stump in the front yard."

"Yeah, I see it," Stefan nods.

"Go there now!" Jo shouts, "there should be a knife there hidden in the trunk."

As the boys search for the knife, Liam and Elena go to get ice while he Forbes' twins watch over Jo who was still holding her head in pain.

"Hang in there, Jo," Caroline whispers rubbing her thigh softly.

"Guys...you need to hurry!' Evelyn shouts into the phone when she noticed Jo's eyes rolling back.

"We found it..." Stefan announces, "what the hell are we meant to do with a knife."