𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

Payton POV:
i woke up to see y/n sitting on the couch with red, glossy eyes. i'm ready... to talk about us". i had a feeling i knew what was coming. "so i think i need some time" i looked into her eyes "are you? bre-" she stopped me "payton, no i'm not.. i need some time to think. it'll be hard because you're staying here but i think we need to have a break. i talked to chase and he's fine with sharing a room with you" i felt mad at myself. i chucked it all away right when i was head over heels for this girl. but if she wants this, i'm willing to do it, knowing there's still a slight chance of...us. i nodded slowly "yeah.. uh.. ok" i rolled my head back onto the edge of the couch.

Y/n POV:
why had i gotten so deep with this boy. i didn't think it through. this has nothing to do with Alyssa anymore, it's just i don't know if i'm ready for this. i thought it was a fairytale, me and payton, deep in love without a care in the world. but.... i guess i was wrong. he probably thought it was easy for me, but i hated this. every part of it. i was so stupid i was so into him, i was blind about my surroundings.

but i know we'd get through this. hopefully "pay? are you going to start over with someone else?" i looked at him and felt that he was shattered. i shattered him. "y/n, please, i had wanted you so bad since that day at the airport. your smile, the way you got lost in my eyes. i wasn't far off being lost in yours" he giggled slightly "i wouldn't want anyone else and even if i did, i-i wouldn't have what we have, i mean...had. so no, i will wait for you as long as you want." i felt my heart tingle. i had what he had too. i had that same spark that i never had before. i should be happy this is just a break and not a break-up. i don't know how long it will be though, maybe weeks? months? years? no y/n what are you thinking?! i need to stop getting carried away.

while i was getting lost in my thoughts my mom walked in "payton i need to talk to you" he got up slowly and walked away.

Payton POV:
"do you remember how your mom went on a holiday for work? well..."