Chapter 1 - The Fall From Grace - Xen

On a grey bank of stone steps, my fùqīn, Tengfei, sat and looked out with joy.

    It's a vivid memory which remains clear in my mind.

    The year was 2027.

    He watched me and my xiōngdi as we chased each other around, then called out to us. "Xen. Chon. Come and sit with me for a moment," he said, as we flashed in front of him and straddled each of his knees.

    "Boys," he continued, with our cheeky faces looking up at him, "there's something I'd like to share with you. Something my fùqīn once told me... 'Everything we can achieve in life is on the other side of fear. So, embrace sacrifice. Be brave. Take risks and make leaps.' It's how I've lived and with no regrets. More importantly, no matter who you choose to be as you grow, never let each other down. Honor and cherish those who've come before us, and always aspire to be more than just men. Never forget, okay, Double Dragon?"

    "O-Okay, fùqīn," we both agreed.

    "And Xen," he said with sincerity, "as the eldest, I want you to set an example for Chon, alright?"

    "Don't worry fùqīn, I always will."

    A moment later, we both jumped down from our father and resumed our energetic play.