Chapter 6 - Boeing Cabin Fever - Sarah

Even though Mikey and I knew the morning was, awkward, I was glad we got Chon out of there. Had we not, it would've just been more opportunity for him to get disheartened, and for Chon and Xen to get hounded and holopictured together - something I knew he was happy to do without. After leaving, we skulked to our departure lounge and relaxed until we boarded the flight. Shortly after, we waded towards our standard seats and were forced to push past ignorant passengers blocking the aisle. I wanted to have a moan at Chon. We were used to flying in elite where folks were more civil and pleasant. However, I knew he was trying to keep a low profile and didn't want to add any more stress to his day. So, I remained silent and distracted myself by tucking my luggage away. Mikey followed suit, as did Chon, but he seemed to struggle. "Chon, what on earth have you got in that knapsack?" I asked.

    "Just my holopads and rain mac," he explained.

    "Your 'rain mac'?" Mikey retorted.

    "Yes, my rain mac," Chon confirmed. "Do you remember what the weather was like the last few times we visited Frankfurt?"

    "Sure," Mikey said. "Pouring snakes and rats, but the forecast said the heavy rain will clear up well before we get there."

    "Chon, he's right," I said from my window seat. "I checked it too before I left home and I've packed a tiny umbrella, but honestly, I doubt you'll need the mac, especially your fur-lined one."

    "Well my friends, we will see," Chon stated. "After all, no one can trust any weather forecast these days. More importantly, fortune favors the wise, not the fool-hardy."

    Playfully, we rolled our eyes. Next, Mikey flipped his ponytail and resumed his favorite holo-game, Crimson-Cast. Meanwhile, I looked out to the pale green sky, then adopted a comfortable sleeping position.

    Tower control took their time to clear our solar craft for take-off and after more waiting, most passengers became restless.

    Mid-game, Mikey had fallen asleep.

    Furthermore, with fluttering eyes, I wasn't far behind, either. The restless included Chon and I. As I slouched a seat over from him, I felt his cute eyes slowly wash over me, and I loved every second of it. Once again, I'd experienced a little 'Boeing cabin fever'. Frustratingly though, our pheromones were quickly dispersed from their seductive dance when someone sat behind us coughed and made Chon shuffle uncomfortably. Probably embarrassed, Chon looked about himself and quickly lifted his wrist. So, respecting our moment was sadly over, I huffed gently and tried to embrace sleep.