Mikey

After bein' mobbed by Myagi Koisuni; Carla Dwyer; and a controversial mix of lovers 'n' haters, we'd finally managed to ward 'em off and set up by Tiānānmén Gate. "Shucks, it's times like this I wish I owned a Death Note," I grumbled.

    "Chon, you okay?" Sarah asked - one of her hands findin' his back again.

    "Guys, I'm fine," he insisted. "Since Xen's scandal and The Solution, I can handle anything."

    "Good to know," Sarah smiled.

    A few minutes later, we were all set 'n' ready to talk to random people passin' by.

    "Good morning," Chon began, as he stared into our AV-Holo-Suite. "Today, the Citizens of The People's Republic are casting the last of their electoral holo-votes to determine which CPC Legislature will be the next President. Here in the Forbidden City, 'ren-qi' couldn't be more evident - the 'human energy' is pulsating! All along the Dragon Line, every monumental landmark in the metropolis is dwarfed with Citizens, and most of all, this is apparent here in Tiānānmén Square, also. Thousands have descended to watch the live revelation on the erected mega holotron, which is almost as tall as the country's Defense Levee Walls! Now while the verification of votes continues in the Zhōngnánhǎi Chambers behind me, I'll be spending some time talking to the people. Moreover, I'll be talking to them to gauge if Xen Lai's Program Proposal is swaying votes in any particular way!"

    Me 'n' Sarah did our best to keep up with Chon who'd bolted into the crowd moments after. But as always, he was in search of wild cards who'd always create shockin' TV. Chon wasted no time and was quick to grasp a scruffy native. He'd enticed him to talk with the excitement of broadcast exposure. "Listen, listen," Chon spat, "you can tell all your friends you were live on BTV with me!"

    After realizin' he was actually talkin' to Xen's brother, the kid was all-in.

    "Okay, now look into the holo-suite and tell everyone watching who you are!" Chon pressed.

    "Okay, dude, I got it!" the kid exclaimed. "Er, hey everyone, I'm Remko. But all my homies call me Remi!"

    "Okay, Remi," Chon acknowledged, "tell me; alongside the election; The Solution is on everyone's mind. How do you think young eligible people feel about the epic prospect?"

    "Well, dude, first of all, I know you're the man. But your bro's an absolute legend! Finally, a politician with a brain has emerged! And to be honest, I can't speak for anyone else I know, but The Solution's radical and it's necessary and I hope it really impacts on young voters. Seriously, I don't want my kids to have to clean up my forefather's ignorant mess! The sooner we get climate properly fixed, the sooner we can move forward as a united world. Plus, the idea of that many astronauts on a ten-year timeout would be awesome!"

    "Remi, some amazing thoughts!" Chon beamed. "Any closing words?"

    "Yeah. President Ming Du Han isn't greener than his opponent, so roll on Lee Mishina to win the election! And roll on The Solution! I can't wait, bro!"

    Surprisingly, The Force was strong with this one, and I couldn't agree more with young Remi!

    Next, me 'n' Sarah shifted a little, and Chon grabbed another spectator. Over the noise, he'd shouted some questions at the old-timer, then looked our way. "Here with me now is 'Mr. Aslee Bah'. Aslee, do you support The Solution?"

    Now...I was totally sure Chon was gonna get resistance from this guy. So-much-so, I looked at my bestie and whispered a wager. "'Red Alert - Shields Up!' Sarah, I bet a hundred credits Chon's about to get hit with some photon torpedoes!"