Tibby's

A little broadway meme! ^^

Spot's POV

What was I thinking? Kissing him? Not only is it illegal and I would probably be killed within a week, but what would he say? He seems feminine but I don't think that always translates to gay. I'm not sure! I wanted to kiss him! At least, I think I did. And he looked like he was leaning in. But maybe I was just imagining it. But seeing him there with the light sparkling in his green eyes. And even though his face was bruised and swollen, he was the best looking newsie I ever saw.

"Somethin on ya mind?"

I look over to see Pockets staring at me from farther down on the dock. I shrug and look back at the water.

"Nothin, Pockets. Absolutely nothin."

"Ya sure it ain't about that new newsie?"

He crosses his arms and grins at me when I don't respond.

"I knew it."

Carly's POV

We walk into Tibby's where the Newsies hangout. Most of them are already there and right on time, Denton walks in with the newspaper. We all crowd around where he set it on the table. I laugh at Davies dumb face and look over to spot and I on the right side of the photo. And my I just say that he looks very hot in that photo. I look okay too but I see spot roll his eyes at our photo and it immediately makes me feel bad. He didn't have to catch me.

"Will you get your hands off my face."

Jack swats the newsies away so he can study it himself. Spot tries to jump over everyone to see the writing as well.

"Where's it say my name? Where's my name?"

I laugh at his childish tendencies. He's so full of himself. I sit back with a root beer as the boys start talking. David turned to Denton.

"You got us on the front page!"

"You got yourselves on the front page. I just got to make sure you stay there."

Skittery looks up from admiring the front page.

"So what, you get your picture in the papes? So, what's that get you, huh?"

The boys don't seem to like this mindset. Mush gets up and pushes him slightly.

"Hey what ya talkin about?"

The other boys that interrupting with random shouts. Most of them saying shut up. Race turns to him.

"You've been glum and dumb. What's da matter with chu? You're in the papes, you're famous. You're famous, you get anything you want." Race slams his hand on the table. "And that's what so great about New York!"

I roll my eyes at him. The newsies are always so dramatic. Mush starts singing.

Mush: A pair of new shoes with matchin' laces

Race: A permanent box at Sheepshead races

Spot: A porcelain tub with boilin' water

When spot sings it makes my heart leap but I don't let it show. He's got an excellent voice.

Blink: A Saturday night with the Mayor's daughter!

He jumps on the table. There it is again with them being dramatic! Race starts dancing on the table. He's going to get footprints everywhere! You know how much horse poops he's stepped in at sheepshead?

Race: Look at me! I'm the King of New York! Suddenly, I'm respectable! Starin' right at 'cha!Lousy with stature

Jack: Nobbin' with all the muckety mucks
I'm blowin' my dough and goin' deluxe