We Won

Look at his cute smile!^^

Spot's POV

The crowd is cheering. Hundreds of people are in newsie square. We just won the war against dumb Pulitzer. I should be happy but I ain't. Carly is in Pennsylvania or whateva. But I know she'll be alright until I can get her out. She is the toughest newsie I ever met. And if anyone hurts her they will be personally meeting with my fist.

Weasel and the Delancey's walk past. Wiz spits at them and I play along. I should give them a good beating for what they did to Carly, but not here. I can't start a fight.

"Jack, Jack! It's the bulls! Let me down!"

My eyes glance from Les perched in Jack's shoulders to the green coach pulling up. What are they doing here? We won!

Everyone runs to hide Jack as Snyder pulls up. Even some of my boys try to help. And I've heard 'em. They ain't a fan of Kelly.

"Jack. It's over."

Denton stops Jack even though everyone is still in a panic.

"No no no! You don't have to run anymore. Not from the likes of him."

Everyone calms down and waits for the coach to stop in the middle of the crowd. The doors open and I watch as boys pile out. Everyone is waiting for Crutchie. I told them what happened to CJ last night. Let's just say they didn't take it very well.

A second passes and finally we watch as the Limping Luck hops out of the wagon. Jack opens his arms waiting for a hug but Crutchie doesn't come over. Wait. Wait no. This ain't real.

-
Carly's POV

I delicately grab Crutchie arm as he helps me down from the carriage. Everyone is staring at me but I ignore them for now. I might pass out if I look at them all.

"Are you alright CJ?"

Cruchie's got a concerned look on his face. He never stoped worrying about me since he realized I was at the refuge.

"Never better, bro."

I give him a kiss on the cheek making him burn bright red. A shy smile plays on his face. I finally glance at the boys and wipe my hands on my new dress. Teddy took me shopping. And I asked for the brightest red dress they had.

I think Spot will like it

My eyes meet Mush's and he looks like he's about to pass out. They all do. I guess I look different. Well I'se looking like a goirl. Makeup and all.

I grin at them as I walk over. Mush swallows and I see his Adam's apple bob up and down. Poor guy must be so confused.

"Slap that look off ya face and give me a hug."

I grab Mush in a hug and he's quick to hug back. I feel him squeeze me so tight. I think he's crying.

"I thought I wouldn't see you again."

I laugh and let go of the hug but he holds on a bit longer.

"You can't get rid of me that easy."

I give the other guys a hug before they slowly turn me around to face someone. Oh my gosh!

"Spot, hey."

I wave at him awkwardly. Why is it so awkward? I turn back to the guys to see them all turned around not looking at us. But obviously snickering and giggling.

"I think you have something of mine."

He points at me with my bat. My bat. Why does he have my bat? A smirk shows on his sun kissed face.

"I could say the same for you."

I step closer to him and he does the same. I really, really wanna hug him right now.

"Okay well first you give me what I want. You'se Brooklyn after all."

I roll my eyes and step up to him so he can grab his necklace. I notice his plum colored shirt but don't say anything. And I bet he saw my dress. Obviously he saw your dress you idiot. It's right there on your woman body.

"Okay fine. But then I-"

He grabs my key and pulls it towards him so our lips meet. His hands wrap around my waist and I set my hands on his chest. His super muscly chest. This is amazing. Even though there are so many people around us it's just me and him. There's no butterflies, I feel so comfortable wrapped in his arms. Finally he pulls away from me and smiles. A genuine smile.

"Here is your bat, cupcake."

So that's what he wanted.

Word Count: 762

The story is not over. I have a couple more chapters planned for this story.