'Hattan

(Please read the picture above. It made me snort.)

Spot's POV

Jack's a cold hearted traitor. He turned into a scabba. I'se saw it this morning. Would've given him a good beating if the Bulls weren't there. We called off the riots until the borough leaders find a solution during Jack's absence. Man look at all them big words I'm using. Davey has had a bad influence on my vocabulary.

I sit on my thrown just looking out at the dock. I miss having CJ here with me. I've only known her for about 2 weeks but I am already so fond of her.

"Hey Wiz, Can we talk?"

I call Wiz over and we sit on the dock together. He's my friend and I trust him with my life. And my secret affections towards cross dressers.

"Are you confused about Carly?"

I glare at him.

"Only I get to call her that."

He smirks and nods his head. I can't get anything past him.

"So it is about her. Let me just tell you now, she likes you. Just go for it."

I stare at him. What is he talking about? I don't like her. I kissed her maybe but like... ya know? Ya know? Yeah.

"That's a lie. I don't like her. Da King doesn't have feels."

"But, Spot Conlon does. I think it'll do you good to get a goirl. Besides, I think some of the boys already like her."

My head snaps to him. Who likes my little flower?

"Who!? I'll kill em."

Wiz starts laughing at me and I push him into the harbor.

"What was that for?!"

He starts climbing up the ladder and I help him back out. He's glaring at me but I know he doesn't mean it.

"That was for pushing your boundaries. Tell the boys I'm heading to Manhattan."

-

I walked into the Manhattan lodging house to see everyone just sitting there. The strike is dying and everyone knows it.

All eyes are on me as I walk through the building and sit across from Mush. He's seated in the bunk across from me fiddling with a coin in his hands. He looks up when he hears me sit down and I just give him a cold stare back.

"Spot, where's Carly."

I glare at him. He's got no rights to asking about her. They don't deserve her or my help.

"You don't get to call 'er dat. None of you'se got the right."

"We're Sorry about what we said. But she lied to us. We have a right to be mad."

I get up and get real close to Mush. He stands up, dominating me in height. But he still looks intimidated.

"Do ya? 'Cause it's so obvious she pretended to be a guy just to spite ya. Just to get a laugh and mock you. Right? Isn't that right, Mush. It's not like she did it to survive or anything."

Subconsciously I pull my pimp cane out and hold the handle to his neck. I'm about to speak again when race turns my attention from Mush.

"We'se didn't mean it like that. But you can see how we feel. She lied to us when we thought she was our friend. We still care about Carly."

This makes me furious. I back away from mush and point the end of my cane at race. Venom is dripping from my voice as I glare at him and the dumb cigar in his mouth.

"What did I just say?! You have no right to call her that! That isn't her name! Now shut up!"

I turn to see everyone either scared or ashamed. They just stare at me. It's when I notice the younger newsies when I feel bad. I didn't mean to yell around them. I just shake my head and run out. These lousy shrimps don't get Brooklyn's help no more.

Word Count: 652

So this one was really short but I really, really like this chapter. Tell me what ya think?