Sneak Peak

PLEASE READ
I am having terrible writers block. I know what I want to write but can't figure out how to get there. Ya know? So I gave you a sneak peak/intro to the Bucky Barnes/OC book I am currently writing. This hasn't been edited. I just don't know what else to give you. Please give me feedback and if I should publish it.

Bucky wraps his arms around my waist for a comforting embrace. I feel as though my life is ending. A single tear slips down my cheek but he's quick to brush it away. After eight months of being with Bucky, He got the call to join the fight. He leaves on Monday for England and let's just say I'm not handling it well.

"You promised you would be here for me."

"I will always be here for you."

He hands me a small box and I open it. Inside is a heart locket. Real silver. I open it up to find a picture of him in it on one side and mine on the other.

"See? As long as you have that necklace we will never be apart. I love you."

He kisses me gently in my kitchen. It's small but passionate. Whenever he does sweet things like this it makes my heart flutter.

"I love you too."

Bucky turns on our record player and Tangerine plays as he slowly dances with me in the kitchen. His arms grab my waist and I lay my head on his chest then we just sway. I can feel his head rest on top of mine as we rock back and forth.

As the night goes on we go over to the couch and he reads me my favorite book. The Girl of the Limberlost. I know he doesn't enjoy the book very much but he'll read it, just for me. Right before bed he takes me aside.

"You mean the absolute world to me, Elizabeth. And when I come back from the war I want us to be together forever."

My heart skips a beat as he gets down on one knee and pulls out a black ring box. Inside shows a beautiful gold ring with a small diamond on it. It's simple but somehow extraordinary . Much like our relationship, simple but extraordinary.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes!"

I jump and he slips the ring on my finger. I'm grinning from ear to ear. I didn't even hesitate, Bucky is the absolute love my life.

"Until you return I will cherish these moments we've shared."

"I'll write you every day. I promise."

-

It's his eighth month in Europe and I haven't received a single letter. I'm worried. Bucky could be hurt, captured, or worse. Even Steve left and now I'm alone again with my thoughts. I'm so distraught but I stand tall for His sake. He would want me to stay strong.

January weather has been tough without any way to get around other than foot. The snow is about half a foot deep this winter morning as I walk to work. I work for The World as the secretary.

I walk in and notice a letter on my desk. It was sent from Europe. Maybe he is alright?! I open the letter immediately. I smile but it soon fades as I read on.

Dear Elizabeth,

It's Steve. I hope everything is going alright but unfortunately Bucky didn't make it. We were on a mission and I couldn't save him. This is all my fault. Because of me your love is gone. I'll be in Europe for I don't know how long but should be back soon.

I am so sorry this happened. Before we went on the mission Bucky told me he wished he could've seen you. He wrote letters whenever he could but didn't have the money to send them. I hope you are okay and if you need anything, like he said, I will always be here for you.

I cry as I read the last words of his letter. The envelope he sent the letter in also contains many more letters, all from Bucky. I was about to throw the envelope in the trash after emptying it but stoped when I saw something shiny in the bottom. I took it out and there it was, Bucky's dog tags.

My tears stain the floor. A loud sob sounds from my throat as I collapse on the floor. My whole body is disconnected. I wheeze as I try to breath as the tears keep coming. I reach up to stable myself using my desk but my hand slips and the stack of papers on my desk come with it. People finally realize what's going on and come to help me but I don't understand what they're saying. It's a blur of people and all my mind can think about is how I'll never get to hold Bucky again. I'll never get to feel his warm embrace or hear his sweet voice as he reads to me at night. A picture of him smiling in my mind is replaced with what his body must look like at the moment, bruised, cold, and alone with no one to comfort him. Bucky is gone and it's all my fault.