8 - SURVIVAL

[ SURVIVAL ]

༺═──────────────═༻

Murphy enters the dropship calmly, careful not to raise suspicion. He approaches where Myles lay peacefully with his eyes shut in pain.

   Poor kid was shot with some arrows while out hunting with his group that consisted of Clarke and Finn. . . who were conveniently missing.

   Murphy knew that grounders probably had them both, and he felt bad for them. Not everyone will get saved by a beautiful and friendly guard that will steal them food and show them the stars.

   Murphy hates to admit it but. . . they were both most likely dead by now.

Murphy realises Myles must've heard his footsteps and he croaks out one word at the sound. "Water,"

He hesitates for a moment, giving Myles one look over in sympathy before covering his face harshly with the plastic bag. Myles struggles and claws at Murphy's arms but Murphy doesn't give up.

"This is for tying the noose that they hung me with," Murphy mutters, ignoring Myles' muffled pleas.

Then the shouting stops. And so does Myles' heart. Murphy lifts the bag off his face and suddenly hears a clank of metal from behind him. He turns his head and widens his eyes.

Jasper clings to the ladder, frozen. Murphy glances between Myles and Jasper.

"He stopped breathing. . . I was just— I was just trying to help him," Murphy stutters. He subconsciously presses his thumbnail into his index finger.

Jasper nods but Murphy can tell he's uneasy. He doesn't know how much Jasper saw but he knows he saw something. Jasper continues climbing down the ladder and Murphy watches him glance towards the gun that sits on the far table. Jasper saw everything.

   Murphy makes his move, racing towards it just as Jasper jumps down and goes for it as well. He's too slow and Murphy grabs the gun, pointing it up at him.

   Jasper raises his hands in surrender. "Murphy, just put the gun down."

   Murphy glances towards Myles. Why didn't Jasper understand? "He tried to kill me." Murphy tells him. Wasn't he there? Didn't he see Myles tie the noose? He deserved what he got. Why didn't Jasper understand?

   Jasper takes a step back. Murphy points the gun at him again. "Hey, don't move."

   "Okay, okay." Jasper repeats, holding one hand up at Murphy. "It's cool."

   "No it's not." Murphy shakes his head. "You know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy."

   A crackle of static fills the room and Bellamy's voice says, "Tell Bellamy what?"

   Jasper closes his eyes, knowing he's been caught. Murphy glances down to see Jasper's other hand in his pocket. He had a radio.

   "Give me the radio, Jasper." Murphy demands.

   Jasper puts his other hand down and slowly takes the walkie-talkie out. As soon as he does, he speaks as fast as he can into it. "Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles—"