13 - REUNITED

[ REUNITED ]

༺═──────────────═༻

Murphy, within his in short time on the ground (which felt already felt like an eternity), had finally realised that he hated running.

He hated running, he hated his legs, he hated the stupid bugs, and he hated the branches and leaves that brushed against him all the damn time— He hated it all.

Well, not all of it. Part of him argued.

"Everyone, eyes peeled. We're in Grounder Territory." Bellamy reminded them all as they rushed through the forest.

Murphy sighed in exasperation. "Everything is Grounder territory, alright? I can't keep running." He stopped in his tracks. Bellamy and Finn, who were leading, turned to face him. "We don't even know if the guy Finn killed is telling the truth." Murphy added.

Finn approached him, grabbing his shoulder harshly and pulled him forward. "Keep moving. Move." Finn ordered as Murphy stumbled over his feet.

Bellamy pulled Finn back. "We can give them a minute."

"No, we can't." Finn denied. "You heard what that Grounder said: 'They'll outlive their usefulness'."

"I heard what he said when you had a gun to his head." Bellamy leaned towards Finn.

"Look, you think I wanted to do that?" Finn questioned. "He would've told his people we're coming, and by the time we got there our people would be dead. Maybe that's something you can live with, but I can't." Finn went to push past him but Bellamy shoved him back.

"I know you did what you think you had to do." Bellamy told Finn sternly. "But you are not yourself right now and I can't be out here with another loose cannon." Bellamy glanced over to Murphy at the last words.

Murphy rolled his eyes. He wasn't that crazy.

"You guys," Monroe suddenly spoke up, gesturing ahead of them where flies and insects buzzed around. . . Bodies.

"Fall in," Bellamy ordered lowly, taking the lead. They all followed, Murphy gulping at the sight of several bodies littered on the side of the path.

"Where the hell did they come from?" Murphy questioned, glancing around.

"From the Ark." Bellamy replied, not turning to look at him. They continued walking, following the path. Murphy hated how he side-stepped a rotting corpse on his way.

Soon the five of them reached a sort of clearing and a cliff. They approached it carefully, glancing down. "That's a rough landing," Murphy commented as they all stared down at a crashed part of the Ark far ahead of them.

After a moment of silence, Bellamy spoke up, backing away from the edge. "There's nothing we can do for these people." He announced, preparing to leave. "We gotta go."

They all turned to leave but a sound stop them. Whimpering. "Did you hear that?" Murphy rushed back over to the edge, peering down.