34 - LOYALTY

[ LOYALTY ]

༺═──────────────═༻

"Where's Lincoln?" Was the first thing Bellamy asked when they got back to the cave. Sayah stayed silent.

"Pike put a bullet in his brain." Octavia stated after a few deep breaths.

Bellamy glanced between his two little sisters. "I. . . I am so sorry—"

He was cut off by Octavia who slammed a hard fist in his face. Then another. And another.

"Octavia, that's enough." Kane warned.

"Kane, stay out of this." Bellamy argued just before Octavia threw another punch. Sayah flinched, closing her eyes. Octavia kneed him hard in the stomach and Bellamy let out a grunt of pain. Then she punched him again, and he fell to the ground. Sayah stood up, grabbing Octavia's arm. "That's enough, Via."

Octavia shoved her away and pulled up Bellamy's head by his hair. She then kicked him harshly in the face. Sayah couldn't take it.

"Octavia! Enough!" She bellowed, shoving Octavia away. Octavia shoved her back and went to throw a punch but Sayah ducked in time before grabbing Octavia's wrists. The girls had a strange battle of strength before Sayah shoved Octavia back again. Sayah stood protectively in front of a bloody Bellamy.

"Sayah, get out of the way." Bellamy choked out.

"Move, Sayah!" Octavia yelled, voice breaking.

"Just go outside, Via." Sayah shook her head calmly. "I'm not fighting you."

"He's the reason Lincoln's dead!" Octavia screamed, pointing at Bellamy. "It's his fault! You know that!"

Sayah took a step forward, meeting Octavia's eye level. Octavia tried to step around her but Sayah shoved her back, hard. "Go outside." Sayah hissed. Octavia panted, glaring at her. Then her gaze turned to Bellamy.

"You're dead to me." She told him before walking away.

Sayah lowered her head, letting out a shaky breath before glancing over at Bellamy, and she just knew that inside of him was more injured than outside of him, even if his face was absolutely bloody.

She wiped her eyes with the back of her head as a tear fell down her cheek and she slid down against the cave wall, head in her hands. She lost her brother—for real this time.

༺═──────────────═༻

"I say, we run two-man patrols, round the clock, starting now." Bryan suggested as he warmed his hands up near the fire. Sayah glanced back at Bellamy who sat alone, still chained up away from them.

"We'll do that, but we should be safe here." Kane replied as he took a seat beside Harper. They all crowded around the small campfire. "The Grounder blockade's too close for Pike to risk looking for us."

"Yeah, but are we safe from the blockade?" Bryan questioned.

"As long as we stay this side of the line, we should be." Kane answered.