30 - REVELATIONS

[ REVELATIONS ]

༺═──────────────═༻

   "Look at him, Lincoln." Sayah whispered as they watched Bellamy enter back into Arkadia that morning with the other 10 of Pike's annoying cult members. "That's not Bellamy."

   Sayah watched as Octavia approached a dirty, slightly bloody Bellamy and asked if he was alright. He simply told her he was fine before brushing past her after she asked what had happened.

   "Pike is going to start something he won't be able to finish. And now he's Chancellor. . ." Sayah clenched her jaw.

   "He already has." Lincoln replied as Octavia made her way towards them.

   Pike, after ordering guards to close the gate, stood high on some clutter and addressed the confused and curiosity crowd. "Everybody listen up." He began. "Twenty-four hours ago, you elected me your Chancellor. Every action I've taken since, and every action I will take, will be to achieve one sacred goal: The creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous and safe Arkadia."

   Sayah scoffed. "Killing a peacekeeping army doesn't really help, now does it?" She muttered.

   "This morning, on a muddy field, our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the Grounders: This land is ours now!" Cheers erupted from the crowd at his words. "Resist and you will be met by force. Fight, and you will be greeted by death."

   "Today, is a new beginning." Pike continued. "Mark it down, remember it just like the Grounders will remember it!"

   More cheers came from the crowd as Octavia glanced over to Lincoln and Sayah.

   Yeah, this was not good.

༺═──────────────═༻

   "Is it true you tried to leave camp to see Indra yesterday?" Kane questioned Octavia as they and Sayah moved down the halls.

   "Look, don't you have more important things to worry about than who's sneaking out of camp?" Octavia asked him and Sayah snorted.

   "As it turns out," Kane paused. "That's why you two are here."

   Sayah furrowed her brows as Octavia glanced around, realising that Kane had brought them to an empty room. No one could hear them.

   "Indra signalled. She wants to meet." Kane explained. "I'd go myself but Pike's watching everything I do now." He then unravelled some cloth and revealed two swords.

   "Kane, you amaze me." Sayah grinned at the sight before meeting his eyes.

   "You want us to go see Indra?" Octavia questioned as she and Sayah took their weapons.

   "I need you guys to." Kane corrected.

   "We're in." Sayah simply said, her grin still wide.

   "Yeah, but how do we get out? The gate is armed with—" Octavia stopped talking as they watched Kane remove a panel in the wall, revealing a small passage way.