27 - IMPULSIVITY

[ IMPULSIVITY ]

༺═──────────────═༻

"It's been three hours. What are they waiting for?" Bellamy complained as they continued to sit in the rover, waiting for something— anything to happen. They had been waiting since dark, now it was light, and still nothing.

"Bellamy, if you complain one more time—" Sayah groaned.

"What are you gonna do, Sayah?" Bellamy raised his eyebrows. "I'm the one with the gun here."

Sayah let out an offended gasp and pointed a finger at him. "Bellamy Blake, how dare you—"

"Will you two stop bickering for two seconds?" Monty snapped at them. Bellamy and Sayah quieted down although they continued to glare at each other.

Sayah was about to look away but Bellamy smiled a little teasingly. Sayah narrowed her eyes at him, but felt the corners of her lip turn up slightly. They were fine.

"Even with the light, I don't see anyone." Kane mumbled.

"I say we make a run for it." Monty replied.

"No. That's what they want us to do." Kane told him.

"The boy is right." Indra spoke up. "They can wait longer than we can." It was silent for a moment before Kane spoke up again.

"Okay, Bellamy." He said lowly. "You get in the turret and you cover us. Once we get to that ridge over there," Kane pointed outside through the small blinds in the side of the rover. "We'll cover you."

"Copy that. Run fast." Bellamy nodded before sliding open the metal that covered the hole. He then stood up and looked out through it. Sayah noticed how his body immediately flinched. Her eyes darted around in concern.

"Bellamy?" She questioned.

"They're here." She heard him reply. Everyone's gaze snapped up to the roof.

"Everyone out or the boy dies." They heard an unfamiliar voice say before Bellamy was shoved up out of the rover. Sayah leapt forward to grab his legs but it was too late.

"Kane." Sayah turned to him, her voice was shaky but her tone was one of warning.

"Okay! Okay, we're coming out!" Kane yelled before dropping his weapon on the floor. "Don't hurt him."

"Yes, otherwise I'll be very mad," Sayah muttered to herself as she dropped her sword onto the floor of the rover.

Kane sighed before unlocking the back door of the rover. Almost immediately, the door was swung open and Kane was grabbed and thrown to the ground, Indra thrown as well and Sayah roughly shoved and pinned to the soil also, landing with a loud grunt.

Their arms were pinned behind their back and Sayah didn't struggle, only glanced around for Bellamy. She saw him a few metres away and her heart stopped racing as fast. He was okay. Pinned down like the rest of them. Alive, but pinned down.

"All targets secure!" A muffled voice called out and Sayah heard the familiar beeping of a radar. Monty was then lifted up harshly to his feet as a guard wrapped a secure arm around his throat.