36 - GOODBYES

[ GOODBYES ]

༺═──────────────═༻

"Becca's journal is amazing." Raven gushed as Sayah rested her head tiredly against the Rover wall. Although it was hard to relax where there were bumps every two seconds.

"At 26, she found a pathway to access a human mind." Raven turned a page in Becca's book.

"That same year, she had to lock up Alie, because her answer for what was wrong with the world was "too many people". She was 27 when it launched the bombs."

"What did she write about the flame?" Clarke turned around from her spot in the passenger seat to look at Raven.

"Alie 2.0." Raven told Clarke. Clarke nodded as Raven continued. "She saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it to not just access a human mind, but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it would be one of us. She would put it in herself first, alter her genes so her body won't reject the implant."

"Becca Pramheda, the first Commander." Sayah furrowed her brows. It all made sense.

"The gene made her blood black, didn't it?" Clarke questioned Raven, tilting her head.

"Yeah." Raven nodded.

"How did you know that?" Octavia asked.

"Nightblood. That's where it came from. Somehow it became hereditary." Clarke explained. "Luna has it. That's why we have to find her. If she can access Alie-2. . ."

"She can tell us how to stop Alie-1." Octavia finished.

"Becca Pramheda gets her second shot at atonement," Sinclair muttered.

"Get back to the mind pathway," Monty spoke up from beside Sayah as he examined the chip in his hand carefully. "If Alie uses it to upload our minds to the City of Light, then there's a chance my mom's still alive."

Sayah watched as Raven pursed her lips. "That depends on your definition of 'alive'." Monty didn't reply after that.

"Eyes sharp. Weapons hot. We're almost home," Bellamy announced.

"Good to see you still have that leader voice, Bell." Sayah drawled. "Very demanding." Sayah heard everyone around her chuckle a little.

"Don't make me come back there." Bellamy called back.

"You're driving." Sayah reminded him, brows furrowed as she looked at him. He didn't answer and Sayah knew he had rolled his eyes.

Bellamy grabbed the radio attached to Rover, bringing it to his lips. "Miller, come in." There was radio silence. "Harper, you there? Your ride's two minutes out." Still no answer. Sayah watched as Bellamy and Clarke shared a look.

"Good start." Jasper mumbled.

༺═──────────────═༻

"We left two days ago," Clarke noted as she and Bellamy walked beside the Rover as they approached the Arkadia walls. Sayah, Octavia and Sinclair followed along on the opposite side of the vehicle. "Why haven't they fixed the gate?"