9 - EPIPHANY

[ EPIPHANY ]

༺═──────────────═༻

When Murphy hoped he would meet some grounders again after he escaped, he didn't mean this. He meant two certain grounders. They were siblings. One was undeniably pretty, had an amazing smile and made Murphy laugh a lot. The other was. . . well. . . bald.

   The leader, Tristan — Murphy thinks his name is, might be Tyler — paces around, holding Murphy's radio.

   Murphy had thought that was it. He was running. He was free. He was running, hoping to meet her magically in the woods and hold her and tell her he was always going to come back. But he never did meet her.

   Instead, he met. . . well. . . the vicious and cruel type of grounders.

   He watches as Tyler— Or Tristan continues to pace around, listening thoroughly to each gunner's shouts and orders as they attempted to shoot down the scouts.

   Then he heard Bellamy's voice come closer to him through the radio. "Repeat, do not fire unless you are sure it's attack."

   Murphy assumes that wasn't a part of Tristan's plan because he crouches down in front of Murphy, who's hands were tied behind a tree, and angrily stabs a knife into his thigh.

   Murphy lets out a scream of pain and then Tristan twists the blade a little and Murphy just wishes he was just dead. Why was he always getting tortured?

   "That's for not telling us about the minefield." Tristan says to him before ripping the blade out. Murphy cries out once more.

   "What do we do now?" A voice questions Tristan. Murphy didn't have the strength to turn his head and look to see who spoke. He cries a little, internally slapping himself for crying about a stab to the thigh when he was harshly tortured for fun only several days ago.

   "Now we attack." Tristan nods, walking forward. His guards and a woman Murphy didn't recognise follow after him, leaving Murphy alone with a stupid guard. He pants and huffs, and he wishes. He wishes that soon, this will be all over.

   And maybe he and Sayah will get their day.

༺═──────────────═༻

   Sayah hears clatter. Someone's here. She looks over to Lincoln who nods, pulling out his blade. "Behind me," He mouths. Sayah nods, pulling out her blade as well, the harsh grip familiar to her palm.

   They move out silently, ready to attack if needed except. . .

   Finn turns around to face them, panting. "Lincoln? Sayah? You guys are still alive!"

   "We told you to leave." Lincoln tells him, dropping his knife to his side. Sayah does the same.

   "We tried, the scouts were already there." Finn argues.

   Bellamy's voice comes through out of a radio. "I'm out of ammo! Requesting backup, now!"

   "What is that?" Sayah asks him. Finn passes the radio to Lincoln. He glances at it for a moment.