16 - HEALING

[ HEALING ]

༺═──────────────═༻

  "I've always loved speeches," Murphy drawled as he and Sayah stand beside Clarke and Finn in the crowd, waiting for Abby to address the matter at hand: the Grounders ordered by the Commander on their way to kill them all.

"Jaha's alive?" Murphy questioned, eyeing as he and Abby came out and stood at the head of the crowd.

"He was the one let go by the Commander, the one who sent the warning." Clarke explained.

Before they could continue speaking, Abby addressed the crowd. "By now, you've all heard the rumour. And unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming." Sighs and chatter grew loud at her words.

"We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we're discussing all options."

"But to be safe," Jaha spoke up. "You need to pack. Now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice."

"Where we will go?" A man in the crowd asked.

"I don't know, is the answer." Jaha replied truthfully. "But I heard of a place. A city of light. It's across the Dead Zone." He pointed.

Sayah scoffed. Finn, Clarke and Finn turned their heads to her. "No one survives out in the Dead Zone. How do you think it got its name?" She whispered.

"What makes you think we'll make it there?" Someone asked Jaha.

"Because we made it here." Jaha told them confidently. "I have faith. And right now, given the alternative, that's good enough for me."

"Perfect. Either way, you die." Sayah muttered. John snickered at her words, kissing her cheek lightly.

"Not for us." Clarke stepped forward, directing her words to Jaha. "If we leave here, what happens to our people in Mount Weather?"

Jaha stared back at her, an recognisable expression on his face. "As your mother said," He replied sternly. "That is a very difficult decision to make."

"But the time has come for each and every one of us to ask," He went back to addressing the whole crowd. "Is this how the story of our people ends? Did we come all this way, just to die tomorrow? Because if we're not gone by the time that sun rises, that is exactly what will happen."

"No decision's been made," Abby spoke over the low chatter of the crowd. "In the meantime, please report to your station supervisor and gather emergency supplies." The crowd slowly dispersed, doing as they had been ordered.

Suddenly, Bellamy appeared, grabbing Clarke and Sayah's arm. "Bellamy?" Sayah questioned, confused.

"Hey, where have you been?" Clarke questioned.

"And where's Octavia?" Sayah added, concerned.

"In the drop ship. You need to come back with me. Both of you." Bellamy glanced between the two girls. Murphy eyed him curiously and Bellamy met his stare. "Just Clarke and Sayah." He clarified.