Chapter 3

You take your time to finally make it back in your room, not feeling quite motivated to train.

You reach for your phone, which was in your back pocket and pull it out.

One of your notifications had perked your interest..

'Justice League Against Weather Wizard? Gotten stronger?! That's for sure!'

You click on the article as you slowly sit down on your bed.

"Last night, the 'The Hall of Justice' was attacked by the Legion of Doom while in the middle of a Justice league launch their new headquarters. Sadly, the Hall was destroyed in some parts of the fight. Luckily, they'll begin to rebuilt and remodel it immediately!"

You skim through the first paragraph before scrolling down, finally finding the paragraph you were looking for.

"Weather Wizard, also known as Mark Mardon, shown an unusual amount of strength last night. Watch here:" the article paused as it lead down to a video.

Suspiciously, you click the white play button in the middle of the video screen.

You watch closely at the red lightning that came from Weather Wizard, not to mention his grotesque red skin and 4 glowing red eyes.

You knew well enough to know who it was..

You keep reading the rest of the article.

"Is Wonder Woman right? Was he using magic? This definitely isn't Weather Wizards m.o. Luckily, the Justice League was able to neutralize the threat."

"In fact, Batman's partner, Robin, had flown a jet straight at Weather Wizard before any further harm. The jet that contained several weapons, such as explosives, successfully brought down the notorious villain. Though Batman didn't seem too happy about his destroyed jet.. This is 101 Article News on the app. Have a great day!"

And with that, the article was finished. You couldn't help but feel your stomach turn.

If this is what you think you're dealing with, it's going to get a lot worse.. or so Raven has told you.

You leave your room in a hurry, making it over to Ravens room. You open her door, letting yourself in.

"Hey Rae, have you seen this?" You question as you look up from your phone to see her on her bed, reading a book.

She only responds with a confused look. You make your way over to her bed, sitting on the edge of it.

You hand her your phone to her, allowing her to read everything.

After about 5 minutes, you turn to her to see her hand covering her mouth, her eyes widened with worry.

You had a bad feeling you were right.. you usually are.

"Is that-," "Yes.." Raven cuts you off, knowing what you were going to say, handing you your phone back.

She stands from her bed and pulls her hood down, showing you her entire face.

"What are we going to do? What are you going to tell the team?" You ask quietly as you shake your head in confusion.

Raven sighs and looks down.

No one on the team knew about her parents, or much of anything about Raven.

Only you knew.. she only trusted you.

"I'm not sure yet, all I can do is meditate and make a few spells to protect you all," Raven says as she walks over to her dresser, that had a mirror on it.

She balls her fists and sets her knuckles on the dresser, looking down in defeat.

You stand to your feet in a quick manner, walking towards her.

"You know that's not going to do much," you say as you stand right beside her.

"I know.." she mumbles as you put you arm around her back.

She lays her head against your shoulder, resting for a moment.

"And you also know we're going to have to face him eventually," you add as you pat her back softly.

"'We're'? No, I am going to have to face him. I'm not putting you or any of the Titans in that position. It's too risky and dangerous," Raven says as she shakes her head against your shoulder.

You set her head up and make her look into the mirror at you.

"That's what family is for. We're supposed to take risks for you, no matter how dangerous. You're stuck with us whether you like it or not. And we're not going anywhere," you smile into the mirror while looking at her.

She turns to you and engulfs you in a tight hug. You were take back for a moment, but you hug back just as tightly.

"Thank you Y/n.." Raven says over your shoulder before pulling away from the hug.

"Anytime Rae. Now we need to get ready for training, I'll see you there," you reply as you pat her shoulder, exiting her room.

As her door closes behind you, Raven begins to frown.

She dreaded the thought of you getting hurt because of her. She dreaded the thought of anyone getting her because of her.

She didn't know what to do..
<<<•••>>>

As you make it back in your room, you realize you have about 15 minutes before training begins.

You smirk as you walk to your closet, pressing a secret button under your own dresser.

The button triggers your closest to spin around slowly, turning to the other side to reveal your uniform, if anyone called it that.

Your uniform was designed by your mother, and you didn't complain about it one bit..
<<<•••>>>

About an hour outside of San Francisco, the BatMobile drove at incredible speed.

Inside sat Nightwing, Dick Grayson, the first Robin. And in the passenger seat was Damian Wayne, the current Robin.

"I could've driven myself," Damian states, his masked eyes full of irritation.

"After the stunt you pulled? You're lucky to be allowed within 10 feet of a steering wheel," Nightwing laughs, mentioning the night before when he exploded the BatWing.

"So, this is my punishment? Enduring a bunch of school children?" Damian asks with dull eyes.

"This is not punishment. Hopefully, you'll learn to be a part of a team," Dick pauses as he glances at Batman's blood son.

"And they're not children. They're teenagers," Dick adds, correcting Damians false wording.

"Worse," Damian groans while throwing his hands in the air.

"Don't tell me Damian Wayne is afraid of a little socializing," Dick smirks, baiting Damian with a sly smirk.

"I'm not afraid of anything. Teammates are a liability," Damian says with an eye roll.

"Really? Then what am I to you?" Dick questions with a brow raise.

Damian turns to him completely, an angry looks sketched onto his face.

"An unavoidable irritation," Damian almost spits unshamefully.

Damian turns back forward in his seat, his elbow resting on the window seal and the palm of his hand resting on his head.

Suddenly, in the distance, something catches Damians eyes, making his eyes widen.

The Titan Tower..
<<<•••>>>
1150 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜