Chapter 6

At the Justice Leagues Hall of Justice, that was still damaged due to the Legion of Doom, Batman stood in front of a several holographic computers.

He touches the holographic screens, swiping and enlarging pictures and such.

"I knew you'd be here working all night. Thought you might be hungry," Cyborgs heavy metal feet hit the ground as he comes up behind Batman.

Batman glances over his shoulder, seeing Cyborg had a box of pizza in his hands. 

"No, thanks.." Batman declines as he turns back to his work.

"Suit yourself," Cyborg shrugs as he opens the top of the box, the savory smell of pizza in the air.

As he comes to stand by Batman, he picks up a slice and puts it in his mouth, chewing it with delight.

"Where does all that food go if you don't have a stomach?" Batman questions as he continues searching what seemed to be a map of a few countries.

"You don't wanna know. What are you up to?" Cyborg quickly changes the subject, looking over to the computer Batman was focused on.

"I've been combing through footage from every camera on the grid," Batman states bluntly as he shifts over to another screen, showing a few blurred screens.

"And?" Cyborg asks as he looks at the pictures in front of him.

"There's something odd. Dark spots. They're hard to make out," Batman grunts with a slight head shake as he squints towards the unfamiliar shadows.

Cyborg exerts a piece of machinery from his hand, placing it in one of the computers many inserts.

"Activate quadrant pixel enhancement," Cyborg commands the computer he was connected to.

Soon enough, all of the pictures come into focus, allowing Batman to see more clearly.

"Show-off," Batman mutters with his arms crossed as Cyborg backs away from the computers.

"What is that? A shadow?" Cyborg asks as he notices the strange shadow next to the pillar they fought at the night before.

"No, the Sun direction is wrong. And look here, it's disconnected from the surface. It's mimicking a shadow. It has intelligence. It's wandering, like it's looking for something. Or someone," Batman says as he points to the holographic photo.

"There's where Weather Wizard ran into it," Cyborg points at the pillar as well, seeing the familiar place. 

"More like stepped in it," Batman corrects him while staring at the picture.

"You don't think it was after him," Cyborg finishes with wide eyes as he turns to Batman, who's eyes were narrowed.

"No. I don't..."
<<<•••>>>

In Metropolis, Clark and Diana exit from the movie theater, Diana smiling.

"Don't get me wrong, I love catching up on popular culture but the harsh language was entirely unnecessary, and the female lead seemed to only be present in order to be rescued by the leading man," Diana explains the movie while putting her hand in the air.

Clark wasn't completely paying attention, rubbing his head in pain as he pauses, staring at the glass that lead into a shopping mall.

"But all in all, I found myself reasonably diverted. Clark?" Diana asks as she realizes he had come to a halt a few steps back.

Clark stares into the glass, at his reflection. Suddenly, he gasps as he's thrown into a vision..
<<<•••>>>

Red everywhere, fire burning. A tall building with a light coming from it.

Four glowing red eyes flash in his face.

"Trigon lives..."
<<<•••>>>

The vision was short, and as Clark came out of it, his eyes were completely black, obsidian black.

He groans as he closes his eyes, rubbing them with exhaustion.

"Are you all right?" Diana asks as she walks towards Clark, looking at him with soft concern.

"Sorry, it's just...I've got a lot on my mind right now," Clark apologizes as he keeps his eyes closed for a moment.

"You can always share your burdens with me, Clark," Diana smiles as she takes his hand in hers.

Clark looks down at their hands, his eyes back to normal, before furrowing his eyebrows, throwing her hand off of his.

"Ugh, stay away from me!" Clark exclaims as he turns his back, running down a nearby alley.

Diana stood on the sidewalk in pure shock, unsure of Clark's peculiar actions.
<<<•••>>>

At the Titans Tower, Damian grunts as he practices several difficult moves with his katana, swinging it around in his room.

Drops of sweat fall onto his forehead, until he throws his katana while spinning into the wall, hard enough to puncture through the wall.

Garfield, who was blessed to get the room beside Damians, yelps in surprise, the katana only a few inches above his head.

Garfield turns into a bear, using his paw to knock against the wall.

"Hey! What is wrong with you?!" Garfield snarls in his own voice while still hitting the wall.

Damian could hear Garfields muffled voice through the wall, though he didn't care much.

"That is very dangerous. You could put out an eye with that thing! Didn't your mother tell you never to play with knives?!" Garfield exclaims with a bit of anger as he turns back into his human self.

"You idiot, his mother is the one who taught him to play with knifes," you speak up as you lean against Garfields door frame.

"Oh, Y/n! Glad to see you're awake, how's the woun-," "Shh.. hush. These walls are thin, as you can tell," you quieten Garfield as you point to the katana stuck in the wall.

You wore a pair of plain black shorts, a baggy f/c shirt and black converses. Your hair, that was up in a messy bun, bounces slightly as you walk over to Garfield.

Damian had heard your voice from the other side of the wall. He quietly places his ear beside where he threw his katana, listening closely..

"I'm going out. You know what to do if anything happens," you mumble as you lift your phone up for Garfield to see, motioning to text you.

"But, what about your wound? Is it-," Garfield cuts himself off as you send him a serious look.

"I'm fine Gar. Just.." you trail as you look to the ground, gulping to yourself and clenching your closed fist.

"You know what to do," you whisper as you exit Garfields room.
<<<•••>>>

Damian wasn't one to usually snoop in others business, but you, on the other hand, intrigued him.

Though you seemed to hate him, you had saved his life.

Now that you were going to be separate from the other Titans, he could give you his gratitude for protecting him. Perhaps, he could also apologize for being disrespectful..

He hears your quiet footsteps down the hallway, until they were almost completely gone.

Damian quickly grabs his red zip up jacket, pulling it on before exiting his room.

Silently, he follows the way he heard you go, before looking back and forth.

The stairway to the roofs door had just closed, giving Damian exactly what he needed to know..
<<<•••>>>
1176 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜