Chapter 11

Damian sat at one of the carnival tables silently as he fiddles with his hands.

His mind drifts to you and everything you and him have done together. He wasn't as much nervous, but calm. And yet, he knew he had an obvious attraction to you. He had a pretty good idea that you did too..

"Hey!" Your sweet voice says as you walk up from behind Damian, two drinks in your hand.

"They didn't have a large vegetarian menu, so I decided sweets. I hope that's okay.." you trail as you place the drink in front of Damian.

This wasn't an ordinary drink, this was a milkshake. As you sit on the chair next to Damian, he takes a sip of the whip-creamed topped drink.

"They're both vanilla," you warn him, trying to tell him what to expect.

His eyes glance over your features as a gently grin sketches onto his face.

"Thank you," Damian nods his head as you take a drink of your own milkshake.

For the most time of sharing milkshakes, you stare at the tent games where children and friends competed at.

You couldn't help but think of how Damians attitude had changed so much.. the more you thought of it, the more you realize something..

"You know, I've noticed a reoccurring thing about you," you finally speak up as you swirl your straw at the bottom of the empty shake.

"Is that so?" Damian questions as he turns towards you, his arm resting in the back of the chair.

"Before now and all through tonight, I've had the privilege to see small glimpses of who you really are," you state with a smile as you turn your head towards Damian.

He wore a confused look on his face, unsure what exactly you meant, and hoping you'd further explain.

"You might be rough around the edges.. you might've been raised in a place where mercy wasn't an option. Maybe..maybe you have this concept where, when you're around other people, you put up this wall and you think no one will ever break through..." you begin to describe Damians before you began to know him.

Damians head tilts down in shame and pity, somewhat embarrassed of how you had found out the truth that not even he knew about himself.

"But it seems when I'm around you, those walls break ever so slightly. You show who you really are. A kind, generous, and caring person. One who might even crack a joke here and there," you continue onto your previous statement, making Damians glance at you hopefully.

"One who...who's actions have touched my heart, in more ways than one. You've helped me open up for once," you confess as you lean forward, looking at Damian with an amazed smile.

"And.." you trail as you reach for Damians hand, holding it shyly.

"Maybe even bring back emotions I've tried to block out," you blush as Damians eyes widen as he shifts towards you slightly.

"Damian I.. I-," you stutter as you attempt to confess what you felt.

Suddenly, you were cut off by a cheering crowd. You and Damian turn to see a large crowd surrounding a dance machine.

"I think we should check out what's going on over there," you quickly blow off the subject as you stand to your feet, still holding his hand.

Damian stands with you as you both join at Kori and Ravens side. You release his hand as you step forwards, seeing who was dancing.

It was Garfield against Jaime. Gar made the crowds cheer with his perfect and impressive moves while Jaime continuously missed steps and was a lot slower.