Prologue 🥀

When the soul lies down in that grassThe world is too full to talk about

The world is too full to talk about

Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing
and right doing, there is a field.

I'll meet you there!

-Maulana Rumi

.

.

.

.

~Present day, March 2020, Kumrat Valley, KPK~

~SHAHVEER

"Allah hu Akbar Allah hu Akbar. Ash hadu Allah ilaha ilAllah"

As the darkness of the horizon started to fade away, and the white thread became distinct from the black thread of the dawn, the spiritual melody of Azaan began to echo throughout the tranquil valley, to wake up the believers ,who were sleeping while relishing some magical dreams dancing through their eyes, and call them towards the eternal and only success.

Brushing away a thick lock of jet black hair from my forehead and rubbing my gloomy olive green eyes with my weak knuckles, I pushed my back away from the golden and icy cold pillar of the mosque, with the support of which I had slept last night.

In fact, every night since four years!

This exquisitely constructed mosque was my so-called home now. Amir, the Imam of the Mosque, was my sincere companion, the freezing cold floor was my bed, and the prayer mats, or sometimes the pillar itself used to be my pillow.

I was the richest. And the tranquility of this house of Allah, was my wealth!

Groups of men started to leave the Mosque after completing their Fajr prayers.

The sunrise started to spread its copper hues with a kiss of sweet baby lips. The sky was full of all the colors I've been yearning for, as if water could catch fire and become something so new. Mellow blues and pinks blurred together in a silver mist to create another gorgeous scene. Even when the world was drowning in grief and hardships, the sky remained beautiful and cheerful as always.