37. Tears Of Agony

~Third Person's POV

~Third Person's POV

"Hooriyah Jahangir Khan, Kya apko Hammad Ali Gillani sey ye nikkah Qubbol hai?"

There was a pin drop silence in the hall as a couple of joyful eyes stared at her with ecstasy. She remained silent as the Nikkah Khwan asked the same question again and again, only to get no response in return.

"Hooriyah Jahangir Khan, Kya apko Hammad Ali Gillani sey ye nikkah Qubbol hai?"

She sat there like a robot, staring at the nikkah papers, which were soon going to be signed by her, ultimately sealing her destiny with the name of someone whom she had never dreamt about ever before.

"Hoor, say something!"

One of her friends whispered in her ears, bringing her back to her senses.

She blinked multiple times as a pool of tears started to form inside her large hazel brown kohl filled eyes as she tried to hold her breath, knowing that what she was about to say next was soon going to take her life anyway. Her eyes were wide open with pain and hopelessness as something unintentionally slipped out of her mouth, something which was enough to make her regret for the rest of her life.

"Qubool Hai! "

A layer of joy and excitement ran across the hall as she repeated thrice, while a synchronized stream of tears cascaded down her rosy face which was hidden behind a red colored net veil.

"Hooriyah Jahangir Khan, Kya apko Hammad Ali Gillani sey ye nikkah Qubbol hai?"

The Nikkah Khwan asked for the third time.

"Qubool Hai! ", was her final reply as she continued to watch herself being completely detached from the one who had been the only dream of her, since two decades.

And that's when a loud and deafening sound of thunderstorm pushed open all the windows of her room, scaring her soul to the core as she jolted and woke up from a deep slumber, which seemed to last till eternity.......!

~Hooriyah

My eyes popped open with fear as a loud and deafening roar of thunderstorm pushed open the windows of my room.

I looked at my surroundings while breathing heavily.

There was no red veil over my face.

No Nikah Khwan in front of me.

And no questioning gazes, torturing my soul.

I silently rested my head on my knees and wept innocently after realizing that I was watching a terrible nightmare.

"Ya Allah, please have some mercy on me!"

I cried and mumbled under my breath as my body trembled with fear.