16. You'll always be my little princess!

~Murree,Punjab~

~Murree,Punjab~

~Hooriyah

The silent and complaining horizon was still dimly lit as the sun innocently peeked out of the green hills which were half hidden behind a thick blanket of dark tumultuous clouds. The chilled breeze immediately embraced me with affection and empathy as the car entered into the territory of Murree. The leaves of the tall alpine trees were still glimmering with the dewdrops from last night.

Everything was silent, serene and tranquil!

Except my heart!

As Khan Baba silently drove across the unpaved roads of the outskirts of Murree, I didn't fail to notice that constant gloomy look upon his face. He didn't speak a single word to me, throughout the journey unlike he did when he picked me up, two weeks ago.

Finally, the familiar beautiful cottages started to appear before my sight as I silently watched the glossy slippery roads with my swollen and tired eyes.

"How happy I was when I was passing through these roads, just two weeks ago!" I smiled to myself as Khan Baba looked at my teary eyes through the rearview mirror.

"May Allah grant you patience, daughter!" He murmured innocently.

"Ameen!" I responded weakly.

"You are very strong Hooriyah. I wish I had a daughter like you! " He smiled.

I remained silent, still confused how was he aware of everything.

"Your strength is admirable!" He added.

"I had never expected that Chotey Sahb would stoop so low!" His voice started to tremble.

I gasped him with horror. How did he know?

"I was in the farmhouse, that night, dusting and cleaning the other rooms until I started hearing loud and angry voices. I witnessed everything that night!" He finally answered my unasked question.