17. Manchester

~Lahore, Punjab~

~Lahore, Punjab~

~Shahveer

I kept on staring at her with my tired and glistening olive green eyes as she sat on her bed, silently watching her henna-filled hands with her moist gloomy eyes which were perfectly identical to mine.

She looked extremely gorgeous tonight and why wouldn't she?

She was the most beautiful angel of my life.

She was all dolled up in an elegant off white and peach lehnga as her friends gave her a final touch and began to leave the room.

I continued to watch my beloved sister who was going to leave me tonight. My heart was aching, but I, being the most stubborn of all, feared to express my painful feelings in front of anyone.

She was leaving for Dubai tonight after her rukhsati and I hadn't prepared myself yet to encounter this reality. The realization of the fact that she would be leaving me so soon, created so much desperation in my heart.

Alizeh was a piece of my heart and watching her sit like this gloomily made my heart ache more after every passing second.

She continued to watch her henna filled hands until a stream of tears escaped her beautiful eyes and fell on her delicate palms because of which, I finally decided to interrupt her deep thoughts with my overburdened existence which she had chosen to ignore since last night!

"Save some tears of yours, for the rukhsati dear!" I smiled as I came forward and sat in front of her, on her bed but she didn't move an inch, nor was she amazed to notice my presence!

But why?

Why was I being given this special treatment by her since last night?

"Alizeh?" I lifted her head up, only to see her tear stained face.

She remained silent.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked again as her gaze was still fixed on her palms.

After remaining silent for few more seconds, she finally opened her mouth to say something which pathetically shook my soul to the core.

"This henna was supposed to be applied by someone else, today!"
She sobbed innocently as she showed me her hands like a child.

"She promised me, that she will apply henna on my hands for my wedding!"

Her gaze finally met mine, which was drenched with a rainfall of complains
and disappointment.

I remained silent as I feared to ask that who was she talking about.

"She said that she would make me get ready and would do my make-up, help me in wearing my jewelry and make a beautiful hair bun out of my long silky black hair." She smiled as another tear escaped her eyes.